Find
Notify
Tools

No Prep Kings
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Noooo,the answer is yes we race for money...I also play bingo for money and gamble at Las Vegas for money too...that NEVER made anyone commercial. (Used this on multiple troopers so far)

Certainly this has always been up for debate I guess...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Soooooo, these guys are clearly commercial rolling down the highway...sponsorships, rigs provided, parts provided, selling shirts hats mugs, getting paid to show up, ect. The winnings seem to have nothing to do with it.?

Think they are stopping at weigh stations? Think they follow commercial driving laws?

Just thinking out loud...when the troopers come down on the bracket racer...are these the things we point out to clear the vision for non commercial travel?

U.S. DOT#: 658909

Address: 4050 WEST I-40 SERVICE ROAD
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73137
Number of Vehicles: 888
Number of Drivers: 816
Number of Inspections: 1,543
Property and broker classifications.
About 1200 trailers.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
That's info on Chuck's "sponsor" only...seems definitely "commercial ".

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
More likely his racing operation is under WFX's authority of which has to comply with all
MCS 150 criteria/guidelines. What not a better way for advertisement then on television.100% exposure.

Like the one time *** broke down on the way to the RT nationals in traffic outside of Joliet . Upon arrival on the break down, you bet they were checking paper work. (SP) ECM failure. Pulled him out of traffic and on to the shoulder.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Cant disagree with that!!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Do you guys really think that discovery channel is going to take a chance on anyone of these guys not being legal. Remember they are on company time. Money, be interesting to know how much of that prize money they really get.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Do you guys really think that discovery channel is going to take a chance on anyone of these guys not being legal. Remember they are on company time. Money, be interesting to know how much of that prize money they really get.
...I would guess they get it all. We do on the West Cosst. Runner up usually gets some also.....cash on the barrel head. Lots of cash changing hands during the race also. For us,.. Just about every time the car goes down the track, wether it's a grudge call out, test track hit, or elimination rounds, there is money changing hands.

Fellow racer and servant of the Lord of Lords
John 14:6
"Creekside Racing Ministry"
MFI system, ProCharger Non-intercooled [6.02 @ 229 or 3.91/660' soft tune and killing power above 6K rpm]
Ron Clevenger

Posts: 1006 | Location: Visalia, Calif. 93292 | Registered: November 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I know im talking a different show but a local guy just got on street outlaws in Memphis...car is called the dirty 30...they where supposed to get tow money but he didn't get that,got his but whipped and came home with 0.00

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
I know im talking a different show but a local guy just got on street outlaws in Memphis...car is called the dirty 30...they where supposed to get tow money but he didn't get that,got his but whipped and came home with 0.00

They all seem like stand up guys there. I can't believe he got stiffed!
Ahem

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Soooooo, these guys are clearly commercial rolling down the highway...sponsorships, rigs provided, parts provided, selling shirts hats mugs, getting paid to show up, ect. The winnings seem to have nothing to do with it.?

Think they are stopping at weigh stations? Think they follow commercial driving laws?

Just thinking out loud...when the troopers come down on the bracket racer...are these the things we point out to clear the vision for non commercial travel?

I thought of the same thing

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post