DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What do you consider a high dollar win?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you consider a high dollar win?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I'd say $5K.

For me, round money is a high dollar win anymore. Laughing Hard

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Chuck I would say for me $5000-and up would be a decent pay day. Also I think for some people it would have to be at least $10.000. being they have $85000 in a bottom bulb car and $125,000 in a top bulb car. And maybe a motor home and big high dollar trailer. The more you invest the better you need to race and get that big money. The fun would stop for me if things go to expensive. I have seen some racers so addicted that they race way above there pay grade.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
For me $5k always was and still is a big money win!

Posts: 1752 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
For some of us getting to split the buyback with someone is a good day.... Razz

Posts: 1564 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I think now days 10k plus. When you compare what it cost just to keep car on tracking and running good equipment.It has to high enough to give some wiggle room on just uying one new piece or buying a cpl. While 10k probably not cover new engine for most it would cover transmission and rear end or engine freshening. Plus most local tracks are cpl grand to win and low cost to run .

Heck now days 10k might be enough to cover fuel if you have to drive good ways and run most weekends. JMO

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
A big money win would be enough money to change my lifestyle. There is no bracket race on earth paying that kind of money. So I'm very fortunate in that I just get to race for fun.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Big Money to me is anything over and above a weekly points race purse.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of gd31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Anytime you get a Happy Gilmore check.

Heck tracks giving those out for $1000 races anymore. About as glamorous as winning a Wally or ironman at a bracket race instead of a Divisional or National event

Posts: 600 | Location: Greenwood Indiana | Registered: November 16, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
For me it was $1k. For area bracket races

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12172 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post