DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Got to hate new stuff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got to hate new stuff
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Well when it screws with you. Have been having issues getting the fuel system tuned out. Seems every time I get it doing what it should be it changes. MFI by the way. I get great throttle response and perfect idle,but will not buld heat. Then next thing it is way rich and will not rev.

Well after half a dozen times of this. I decided to fix one thing that I thought was cured. When shutting down it would not shut off with fuel shut off. I put and check valve in the primer system and cured it,or so I thought.

Well after replumbing it. I started thinking that is probably the reason for system change. It was pulling fuel thru the system when at idle also and adding bunch of fuel to the engine. Sure enough fired car off today. Everything dialed in quickly and responded as expected. Now car idles perfect, has great throttle response and starting build some heat.

Sometimes new stuff is just another piece to cause a problem .Even if you are doing it to make life easier.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post