DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Does anyone understand sportsman points?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone understand sportsman points?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted
So this weekend is big in TAD. Megan Meyer took out Shawn Cowie to eliminate him from the championship as he is out of events now. But Troy Coughlin is still in the mix. The one TAD/TAFC on FB group had tried to explain it, but even they got confused with all the permutations that could happen and said they would repost once they had it sorted LOL sheesh!

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
Quote from that page "Working on confirming a few scenarios. I am told oil down/centerline infractions are event penalties, not off the top penalties. In that scenario, Bellemeur clinches no matter what since he would only claim a race that added points to what he has. In the TAD situation, Meyer does not clinch with a semifinal win. Potentially if Coughlin were to beat her in the final, AND she oiled or crossed centerline, then that would open a window for Coughlin to pass her with win at his next race. I am getting confirmation on these from NHRA and will report soon as I find out."

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I think you're having a hard time with it because it's not figured in metric. NahNahTounge

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
LOL must be it!