DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Busted teeth can't go to dentist
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Busted teeth can't go to dentist
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
So I was eating Popcorn about 6 weeks ago. Mashed down between two teeth top and bottom. Trashed a $1500 crown. flipped it over.n Busted the filling completely out of bottom tooth. Neither tooth has had a root canal. The pain is off the chart. Ain't NO dentist touching me for a while if I find one open. Taking Ibuprofen a lot and sometimes tylenol+ Bloodpressure Meds Its higher. I sleep anytime I can here and there. Stay in my room or go for walk by myself. I'm glad that I don't have a current girl friend. She would not deserve to be around me. I feel like my mouth is on a 10K chip. I can feel my pulse threw both teeth.I am going to grind one out and fill it myself with a patch kit made to temporarily do this. I am glad I don't drink. Man The Pain Super Angry Tip PC Frown I may look into 2 of those screw implants. Just bad timing for now. But I thank God everyday for not being sick as others.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My dentist told me when I broke one, to soak listerine in my mouth. She said hold it in your mouth for five minutes at least then spit out. That will draw out any bacteria that has gathered. The bacteria is what causes the pain. It worked for me until I could get the tooth fixed. You will have to do this four times a day.

Posts: 487 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
heard same about salt water rinse. Mine not from dentist so take it for what its worth.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I have had tooth issues, but the worst was a dying root. A prior repair caused a root to start dying. Holy smokes that pain got my attention! I feel for ya.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I just made an appointment with the dentist for my husband and you need to do the same thing too.

My husband said Orajel toothache cream works great.

Posts: 2961 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Oh, ice was the ticket when I was suffering.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If its an emergency, and I believe this is, your dentist should be able to treat you.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Should be considered an emergency, don't see why you couldn't get treated...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Foot,
Call your dentist, THIS IS AN EMERGENCY.
They will get you in ASAP.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Gonna do some more checking. Last I heard he closed up for a while. I have infected sinuses on top of that. Me and Mucinex is tight. 2 a day. I was told buy someone to hold peroxide in my mouth a little while. The listerine thing sounds safer to me. I am scared to death with some one hovering over my face me with no mask. Would you be? I already have to take medicine to boost my immune system. My doctor is not even in.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I am using Peroxide right now. I move it around for about 5-7 seconds and rinse. I have one that is putting me is some serious pain. I have to be careful due to having thyroid issues with being on the thyroid meds.. It does numb it a bunch.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Gonna do some more checking. Last I heard he closed up for a while. I have infected sinuses on top of that. Me and Mucinex is tight. 2 a day. I was told buy someone to hold peroxide in my mouth a little while. The listerine thing sounds safer to me. I am scared to death with some one hovering over my face me with no mask. Would you be? I already have to take medicine to boost my immune system. My doctor is not even in.

Does his office have an emergency number? Have you made clear to the staff if they answer that this is urgent?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Get some clove oil and try that, it taste god awful but should help with pain a lot better than ibuprofen and other pain meds

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My Niece has a root canal scheduled this week. It took a lot of effort, and searching to get an appointment.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I am gonna need some antibiotics 1st.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Try 2 tylenol, wait an hour and take 2 or 3 advil.
Recommended by our dentist, my wife swears it works better than vicodin.
And it is an emergency, please be persistent and get treated.
Good luck.

Posts: 7 | Location:  | Registered: August 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post