Find
Notify
Tools

Tom McEwen
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted
was just coming home from the store and 1070 news announced about the passing of Tom McEwen and did a phone interview with Steve Gibbs. The recognition is way cool.
RIP Mongoose!

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
I saw that yesterday too. Very sad day. One of the greats, and a pioneer, in the business of drag racing.
RIP 'Goose !

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I met him in the late 70's early 80's at the old Houston International Raceway...tough old man in a tough crowd!

Sad day. RIP to the "Mongoose".

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
One of my favorites when I was a kid. God speed Tom.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
RIP Mongoose. A great racer gone. A man who helped make drag racing a business and heck of entertainer to boot.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Fremont! What a show they put on!
God speed Tom McEwen.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post