Notify
Tools

MI Dragstrips
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
The Mid Mich Motorplex has a cool nobox program for the $50K. We usually race the $50, but this year we are planning on racing PDRA at 131 that weekend. You can't go wrong with Northern Mi Dragway either.

Thanks Mike!

I'm hoping to make it into the no-box deal & I hear the class fills quickly. I need to contact the track to find out when sign-ups are starting, seems to be around May according to last year's flyer.

Northern MI Dragway looks to be a fun deal.

2BKING looking to have a good time racing around MI this summer! Cool

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Wildman
posted Hide Post
May 1st@9am is signup for the no box side

Posts: 109 | Location: at a dragstrip near you | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Nitzsche:
The Mid Mich Motorplex has a cool nobox program for the $50K. We usually race the $50, but this year we are planning on racing PDRA at 131 that weekend. You can't go wrong with Northern Mi Dragway either.

Thanks Mike!

I'm hoping to make it into the no-box deal & I hear the class fills quickly. I need to contact the track to find out when sign-ups are starting, seems to be around May according to last year's flyer.

Northern MI Dragway looks to be a fun deal.

2BKING looking to have a good time racing around MI this summer! Cool

Not sure how much racing were doing this year with some family issues going on, but if you see my blue Cobalt and Camaro roadster, stop by and say hi.

Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Will do Mike!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Trying to work a couple WDRA issues for my trip back East:

Pretty sure one issue is resolved with the chassis certification:

"As a courtesy to our racers who are competing at a WDRA Member track and are coming over from NHRA or IHRA, all valid NHRA and IHRA chassis certifications will be honored for the 2023 season."

The 2nd one is licensing & my home track isn't WDRA:

"LICENSE TRANSFER (OF A CURRENT LICENSE) TO A WDRA LICENSE ($1 Transfer Ends August 1, 2023)

Your home track must be a WDRA member track.

License transfers will receive the equivalent WDRA license with the same 2023 expiration date as their current license."

I'm going to send an email to WDRA about both issues for answers.

2BKING Smile

quote:
Mid Michigan has been on the bucket list for a long time for the 50k race. I'm a little unsure about being able to race there, they are supposed to be WDRA & don't know if they will honor NHRA credentials. Plus, for the 50K race they're only allowing 32 racers to enter bottom bulb class. I guess I need to start inquiring about the requirements.

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of Coach
posted Hide Post
I am going to jump in on this topic. Looking to travel up to Brighton Michigan at the end of July to visit my daughter.

I would like to race at Mid Michigan's no box race on July 21-23 & may also run the next weekend at US 131. My 02 Z/28 is a legal IHRA & NHRA will I be okay to run at this track without joining the WDRA?

Thank you for your time.

02 Z/28 LS1 402 Bracket Racer

I live with FEAR and sometimes SHE lets me go racing!

Posts: 45 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coach:
I am going to jump in on this topic. Looking to travel up to Brighton Michigan at the end of July to visit my daughter.

I would like to race at Mid Michigan's no box race on July 21-23 & may also run the next weekend at US 131. My 02 Z/28 is a legal IHRA & NHRA will I be okay to run at this track without joining the WDRA?

Thank you for your time.

I sent an email today to WDRA, I'll post up their response.

2BKING

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of Coach
posted Hide Post
Thank you B King.

02 Z/28 LS1 402 Bracket Racer

I live with FEAR and sometimes SHE lets me go racing!

Posts: 45 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Take it for what it is, sounds like we need a chassis certification.

2BKING Smile

"Hi Bryan,

If you are just going to hit a few races this summer the WDRA tracks you
go to will accept your NHRA license for this year. If you want to get a
WDRA chassis cert to get you taken care of for the next 3 years if you
plan to come back every year we do have a chassis cert guy in Michigan.
You could contact him to see if he may be at any of the WDRA tracks you
are going to for those races. His name is Dustin Teter. His phone is
269-876-7655 and his e-mail is Tatkuztomz@gmail.com."

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
Tech is pretty much non existing up here in the northeast. I don't think either of you will have an issue being able to race up here during your travels.

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by excessive braker:
Tech is pretty much non existing up here in the northeast. I don't think either of you will have an issue being able to race up here during your travels.

While it has been some years since racing East of the Mississippi. I'm well aware of the lack of tech, but at the same time. Some tracks do a pretty good tech when you are a stranger/out of state from their track. Also, WDRA is trying to get a foot hold & they want their money from licensing, memberships & chassis certifications.

Have you raced at a WDRA sanctioned track with IHRA or NHRA credentials?

The way it stands now, I'm re-thinking the tracks I'll possibly race at & looking at OH, IN, KY along with MI.

2BKING Smile

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Take it for what it is, sounds like we need a chassis certification.

2BKING Smile

"Hi Bryan,

If you are just going to hit a few races this summer the WDRA tracks you
go to will accept your NHRA license for this year. If you want to get a
WDRA chassis cert to get you taken care of for the next 3 years if you
plan to come back every year we do have a chassis cert guy in Michigan.
You could contact him to see if he may be at any of the WDRA tracks you
are going to for those races. His name is Dustin Teter. His phone is
269-876-7655 and his e-mail is Tatkuztomz@gmail.com."

This another email from WDRA today. It still appears the chassis certification is in question with them, if the cars ET requires it.

2BKING Smile

"It isn't any different at IHRA tracks just as it wouldn't be any different IHRA or WDRA racers went out west and ran at an NHRA track.

The tracks you go to may not care that you don't have a WDRA license or chassis cert as long as you have something. You still have a small amount of excess medical coverage with your NHRA license running at a non-NHRA track but your chassis cert is not valid at any non-NHRA track according to what I read this year.

You may find that all you need is your entry fee depending on what track you go to."

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
As usual first and every post on this thread from Little Ankle Biter Ed is insults and nothing intelligent to say. Then he accuses someone else of being scared because they are considering racing on a track HE is scared of?

Probably every weekend through racing season thousands of racers run on tracks with steel rails and injuries are rare. No, they are not as safe as concrete but that does not mean you are suicidal if you race on a track with them.

There are many things I take into account in deciding where I race. How far are they? What is the payout? What kind of safety crew do they have there? How good is track conditions? Do they have concrete walls? Do they have good pits to park in? Do they run a good race and get it over with quickly? Do they have decent food?

You choose one you like best but none are perfect. You can always find an excuse not to race somewhere if you look long enough. Real winners make the best of it and go out there and do it.
Losers sit on the bench and complain about Winners.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I'd love to go back to Michigan and race for a summer. But, it's a looooong drive.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The MI trip is about a month away, depending on my dad's health issues!

I was unable to get into the 50K race at Mid Michigan, it filled very fast with only 32 spots for No-Box & an alternate list. It didn't matter, I couldn't get an answer from them about my NHRA license & chassis certification anyway.

I'm pre-registered for two 5k races in IA & plan on 2 or 3 7.5k/10k races in MI. Then maybe a couple local points races.

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I made a road trip to work at Epping, Bristol and Norwalk. I put over 6000 miles on my Mustang GT and raced twice at Milan Dragway and the Edelbrock points race in Norwalk, then to Dragway 42

Won a couple rounds and had a good time. Even with the racing the average fuel mileage was high 26 mpg in a car that was running 12.30's on the street tires.
I recommend a good road trip now and then.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post