DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What would you do? Mind boggling but im not mad!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would you do? Mind boggling but im not mad!!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
SO i went to a fun top dragster/top sportsman pro mod series race out of town.
Great track,nicest people and lots of fun.

The td/ts is a seperate race for each,16 car qualified field.One hit friday night...a few hits saturday,then your on a ladder and race at noon on sunday.
Saturday night 17 td cars tried to qualify and the kid that got bumped out threw everything he had to get in...bump was a 7.38 he got left out with a 7.41.Nice effort tho!!
Sunday morning i look at ladder see who i got and prepare the game plan.
At noon we roll up and im informed he broke and i have a competion single so i role up the the front of the lane.
All the td cars line up behind me and and the 16 ts car pull up in the other lanes.
Im going to be the first one down so im strapped in,hans on hood sock belts tight and just tossed any dial on because i was on a single.

The kid who got bumped out walks up to me in the car and sees i have the broke bye.Then the track announces that if he can get to his car and get up to the lanes he can run me as the alternate.
So we all sat there while the kid ran back to his car and somehow got back up to the lanes probably 7 or 8 minutes.
Now here is the problem that i have and its not this kids fault.The track had a box/no box race and becaue he didnt know someone had broke he took a time trial probably 30 minutes before we lined up.My last hit was 530 pm the night before.
they rolled us out and in the confusion i realized i hadnt even corrected my dial in from just throwing something on there expecting i had the single.
He was better on the tree and ran dead on...i was one over and on the trailer.
The guy i was supposed to run told me he had told the track the night before he had broke.

My only issue was the kid getting a hit just before our first round,but i dont know how else this could have been handled

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
SO i went to a fun top dragster/top sportsman pro mod series race out of town.
Great track,nicest people and lots of fun.

The td/ts is a seperate race for each,16 car qualified field.One hit friday night...a few hits saturday,then your on a ladder and race at noon on sunday.
Saturday night 17 td cars tried to qualify and the kid that got bumped out threw everything he had to get in...bump was a 7.38 he got left out with a 7.41.Nice effort tho!!
Sunday morning i look at ladder see who i got and prepare the game plan.
At noon we roll up and im informed he broke and i have a competion single so i role up the the front of the lane.
All the td cars line up behind me and and the 16 ts car pull up in the other lanes.
Im going to be the first one down so im strapped in,hans on hood sock belts tight and just tossed any dial on because i was on a single.

The kid who got bumped out walks up to me in the car and sees i have the broke bye.Then the track announces that if he can get to his car and get up to the lanes he can run me as the alternate.
So we all sat there while the kid ran back to his car and somehow got back up to the lanes probably 7 or 8 minutes.
Now here is the problem that i have and its not this kids fault.The track had a box/no box race and becaue he didnt know someone had broke he took a time trial probably 30 minutes before we lined up.My last hit was 530 pm the night before.
they rolled us out and in the confusion i realized i hadnt even corrected my dial in from just throwing something on there expecting i had the single.
He was better on the tree and ran dead on...i was one over and on the trailer.
The guy i was supposed to run told me he had told the track the night before he had broke.

My only issue was the kid getting a hit just before our first round,but i dont know how else this could have been handled

In my opinion once the track told you it was a single it should have been. At the very least they should have put you at the end of the line of top dragster.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you got FUC'd!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
There are almost always alternates but the fact he got a hit would be enough for me to hit the chip.
That’s not right.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4460 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
you got FUC'd!

This....

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1381 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
You got screwed, BUT, if your opponent had the tree, you were looking at an 80% chance of a loss anyway. Can't really say that there's anything to do about it now.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This is but another example of why you need to read flyer and/or the track rules BEFORE making the decision to going out of town to race, to a track you've never been an/or support a promotor you haven't before.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The Track Management has been infected with Wokeness like much of our Culture...an ambiguous appearance of"Fairness "...such a crock..The Kid gets something he didn't earn or deserve....at someone else's expense...Track screwed up..Hard to catch it in the heat of Battle...Situational Awareness...Hope the Track recognizes their mistake..

Posts: 225 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No alternates on a ladder

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Wildman
posted Hide Post
there should have been a revised ladder if they where notified the night before. A broke single is exactly that. I assume this was at GBM, I saw you where number 1 qualifier.

Posts: 109 | Location: at a dragstrip near you | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
here should have been a revised ladder if they where notified the night before. A broke single is exactly that. I assume this was at GBM, I saw you where number 1 qualifier.

Yes sir
Its all good but next season i just gotta play the game better and jump in with the tracks program and make a hit or two before 1st round of the td/ts race like the rest of the gb racers do!!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

THIS!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1586 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

THIS!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That’s not how NHRA does it with TD and TS. The ladder is not completely revised, but the alternates fill in the spots of racers who can’t make the call.

The alternates do not earn round win points though.

In this case, with the alternate having another option to race and having made a hit, you got screwed.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
This past weekend in Topeka we had 41 cars in TD for a 32 car field, when they called 1st round they also called any available alternates to also come to the lanes so that pretty normal.
But where Mike got screwed is the only available alternate just made a hit on the track for SP. Is what it is I guess

Posts: 2394 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This is a big problem for America these days, people don't know a right from wrong.

The track officials didn't lie to you, or cheat you or steal from you, so how is it you got wronged / Fuk'd?

You didn't get Fuk'd because as has been said, calling alternates is standard procedure.

As far as the time run goes it don't matter, there has been people who've shown up to big races 15 minutes before first round, and with no time run, been double 0 and coasting 100 ft or so for the win.

What ya should've done is pull up last in the lanes with no dial in case someone has to run you.

You lost when you pulled up first.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here's my story from Albuquerque many years ago. Not picking on Albuquerque, it could have happened anywhere.

I'm in my roadster and pitted next to me are some guys with an Impala. They are struggling badly, can't make it run, trouble getting it to start and so forth.

I pull up in the lanes and somehow they get it to run and are next to me. Starter signals us to pull out, I should have waited a bit but I start up and do my burnout. You guessed it, the Impala won't start. They mess with it and mess with it, meanwhile my car is getting warmer and warmer.

Finally the starter has had enough and gives me the signal for a single. I pull up and light the pre-stage bulb and I hear the Impala fire up. The starter then tells them to go ahead and pull up. WTF??? He has already told me I have a single! I didn't panic even though the car was getting hot by now, I just waited till they staged and made sure I was green.

Needless to say their car was banging and popping all the way down the track and I got the win. I realize it's the starter's call but when you signal someone that they have the single then that's the way it should be.

And yes, Jenavet you got screwed!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5296 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You should always pull into the staging lanes last with the bye run, ready to race, just in case some unfortunate soul has to run you.

Never first.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Your question was "What would you do"?
I would have done what you did.
Of course the problem was what should the track have done? The track was given all of the information and then made a bad decision. They stayed the course with bad decisions making everyone wait until the alternate could get to the lanes to be in the first pair, at least they were consistent in their bad judgement.

Posts: 1447 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Your question was "What would you do"?
I would have done what you did.
Of course the problem was what should the track have done? The track was given all of the information and then made a bad decision. They stayed the course with bad decisions making everyone wait until the alternate could get to the lanes to be in the first pair, at least they were consistent in their bad judgement.

LOL!

We have alternates at every race but since our bye run is first pair out, we're gonna do away with alternates for this race.

Now that is funny!!

We don't wanna fuk the bye run out of his freebie, someone might say we fuk'd him on the net.

LOL!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
You should always pull into the staging lanes last with the bye run, ready to race, just in case some unfortunate soul has to run you.

Never first.

except he never had a bye, he had a competition single until he didn't.