DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    What would you do? Mind boggling but im not mad!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would you do? Mind boggling but im not mad!!
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
This is a big problem for America these days, people don't know a right from wrong.

The track officials didn't lie to you, or cheat you or steal from you, so how is it you got wronged / Fuk'd?

You didn't get Fuk'd because as has been said, calling alternates is standard procedure.

As far as the time run goes it don't matter, there has been people who've shown up to big races 15 minutes before first round, and with no time run, been double 0 and coasting 100 ft or so for the win.

What ya should've done is pull up last in the lanes with no dial in case someone has to run you.

You lost when you pulled up first.

I hate to have to entertain your babble, but which part of "QUALIFIED LADDER PAIRINGS" can you not grasp????

You do not insert an alternate "in the lanes", you insert the alternate BEFORE the ladder prints out.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
This is a big problem for America these days, people don't know a right from wrong.

The track officials didn't lie to you, or cheat you or steal from you, so how is it you got wronged / Fuk'd?

You didn't get Fuk'd because as has been said, calling alternates is standard procedure.

As far as the time run goes it don't matter, there has been people who've shown up to big races 15 minutes before first round, and with no time run, been double 0 and coasting 100 ft or so for the win.

What ya should've done is pull up last in the lanes with no dial in case someone has to run you.

You lost when you pulled up first.

I hate to have to entertain your babble, but which part of "QUALIFIED LADDER PAIRINGS" can you not grasp????

You do not insert an alternate "in the lanes", you insert the alternate BEFORE the ladder prints out.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
This past weekend in Topeka we had 41 cars in TD for a 32 car field, when they called 1st round they also called any available alternates to also come to the lanes so that pretty normal.

Try reading everything before getting your panties in a wad.

It's a big problem for America currently.

The majority of people don't know right from wrong.

It's any given racetracks right to add alternates for no opponent broke singles, anytime it deems necessary. Ladder or no ladder.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
t's any given racetracks right to add alternates for no opponent broke singles, anytime it deems necessary. Ladder or no ladder.

When i pulled up to the lanes the ladder said i had a particular competitor.There where no altenates waiting in the lanes.The track official said my competitor was broke and i had a competition single.They then directed me to the front of the lanes.
And i agree i have to accept the tracks decision and i should have ran a better race.
Reitow should take his own advice and also accept the tracks decision to DQ him when he hit that timining block and crossed the centerline 35 years ago.Why do i have to accept track decision making yet you dont?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Michael, while the track fuc’d you, you allowed it. Bottom line is the ladder was set, you where then informed by a track official that your competitor was not making the call and therefore you would have a competition single. When at the last minute you were informed that you now have to run another competitor, you should have gotten out of your car and refused.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Hind sight is 20/20 and what Ed said I agree with.
At the very least it should have been discussed and you were moved to the back of the line to better be prepared to race someone

A poor decision by the race director/track personnel....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
t's any given racetracks right to add alternates for no opponent broke singles, anytime it deems necessary. Ladder or no ladder.

When i pulled up to the lanes the ladder said i had a particular competitor.There where no altenates waiting in the lanes.The track official said my competitor was broke and i had a competition single.They then directed me to the front of the lanes.
And i agree i have to accept the tracks decision and i should have ran a better race.
Reitow should take his own advice and also accept the tracks decision to DQ him when he hit that timining block and crossed the centerline 35 years ago.Why do i have to accept track decision making yet you dont?

You are absolutely right on both counts. If you have a qualified ladder then your opponent breaks you "should" get a competition bye run.

Now as far as I am concerned you got screwed on it but once you stage then you have accepted it and have to deal with it. Same as a wrong dial in once you stage you have accepted it. Still stinks. Since you have already done it and it is over I would not raise too much cr@p about it but I would let the track manager know what happened and how it was not right. Still at this point nothing they can do about it now anyway but they need to know if they made a mistake.

Crossing the center line and hitting cones are automatic disqualification and that rule is same at all tracks for all people of all races, colors and sexual preferences. Some people need to learn to accept that. Simple as Right and Wrong, nothing to discuss here.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It wasn't the tracks decision, alternates are standard procedure. All the 16 - 32 car qualified heads up races you see on live feeds from Bradenton, have alternates as well.

I do accept Bradentons original decision on the finish line block. The original decision was quote "No one crossed the center line before the finish line" Tell the Nova to get ready for the final round.

Track officials reading this know that as track official lingo for answering two questions concerning possible disqualification.

1. Whether or not it's illegal to cross the center line after the finish line, which the Nova did.

2. Whether or not the finish line block was contacted by the Nova, which the Nova didn't.

The decision I don't accept came 45 minutes after the Nova was already declared winner, it was a complete made up, invented fantasy story according to photo's at the stripe, which also validated the original decision as fact.

Race tracks have a right to add alternates, they don't have the right to invent fantasy stories to decide drag races.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
No, you are not accepting the tracks decision and you are still crying about it after all these years. Move on, give it up, grow up, get a life.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
No, you are not accepting the tracks decision and you are still crying about it after all these years. Move on, give it up, grow up, get a life.

I'm doing the same thing Trump is doing, standing up for Truth.

Without Truth there is no Freedom.

It is you who needs to grow up, learn right from wrong.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Truth is the law of Liberty.

It is Gods Law.

The only path to Freedom.

If you wanna live in a shyt hole, move to one.

This is America.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Truth is you cant keep a 4000lb 500hp street car straight down a race track!!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Falling of chair laughing he’s s retard, what do you expect?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Truth is you cant keep a 4000lb 500hp street car straight down a race track!!

There's no rule against using up the lane.

It used to be cool to use up the lane and turn on the win light, those who could pull it off were known as *drivers*.

Maybe that's why no prep drag racing is so popular eh?

Racers with the courage to wheel cars, when things don't go as planned eh?.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Falling of chair laughing he’s s retard, what do you expect?

One of few times Ed is right.......

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’m right with everything I post, you’re just too stupid, clueless to know. Full Moon

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
He just thinks he's right & has been proven wrong many times. When ED is wrong his mental illness kicks in with his pea brain melt downs. Razz

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
STFU

Quoted for the truth...

quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
please enlighten us with specifics about our work ethics; you can start with me. I'd like to hear what you think you know. Wink

You have lived off of other peoples taxes all your life.
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
with being retired military I have my monthly pension & disability compensation.

You are milking the system, I've seen it done before by two of my former neighbors. First the military then double dip in the military industrial complex. You will live well in retirement not because of enriching the lives of others (being productive) rather collecting tax dollars. If you are truly disabled you wouldn't be drag racing. You ask for an opinion, I would not have responded if not. I am a former draftee and endured your kind for my country. You see I was forced to serve and I was forced to pay taxes all my life. And now you continue to live well off of my tax dollars. JMO

clapping

Translated…You’re a scum bag and a lazy piece of shyt!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
To kill time during lock downs, a drag racer assembles a hot street car building a new low compression pump gas engine. Also transmission and Ford 9" rearend.

Video of build soon to have 100,000 views on YouTube. Dyno sheet all the details included in the description.

Retard Ed can't fix park on the Powerglide transmission his step son drives, so he pulls it (LOL!!!) and pays someone else to fix it.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Said drag racer also Super Pro bracket races engine, transmission and rear end he builds with his own two hands.

Retard Ed hides behind his step sons driving, while paying 100's of thousands of dollars, $$$ millions fixing the pig.

All while anticipating any freebie free run he can bully track officials into, by crying and refusing to get in and race - according to his words not mine. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,