DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The Million - LIVE Coverage & Results
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Million - LIVE Coverage & Results
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I understand there are two sides to each story

Guy who was prepping the track made a lengthy Facebook post that I will shorten as best as possible. Can be found on Jim howard’s Facebook under the shared million announcement. He basically said that his track prep was controlled by the promoter. That the night before the million he said he needed to scrape the track and re-prep or it would start ripping up rubber. He was told not to scrape. He also said they were not allotted enough traction compound.

Again, two sides of every story I know

I will say with the cold and the dew that the jet blower was never used. Not sure if it was broken or just didn’t want to pay for it

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
a total shyt show another wrong decision just like last year from the promoter!

EVERY track should be scrapped AFTER every bracket day just as Numidia is, no mind every day of a big $ event but it cost $ and time!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yet people continue to support this and track and promoters make money and go home!

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY and north of $500K

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Slope rating is high in Montgomery.

Perfect place for the original Million Dollar Super Pro bracket race.

Difficulty adds to the lure of winning the race.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

That's how the winners of the past look at it.

Winners pay attention to winners.

Losers pay attention to losers.

Hard Truth.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Montgomery is a tough old town, with a drag strip to match.

It has never been great.

It's no Orlando or Bradenton.

The 100 lb driver had no problems getting down it, in one of Troy Williams cars.

Went rounds 4.50's.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
EXACTLY and north of $500K
WAAAYYYYY NORTH…

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It’s not called The Million because they pay out a million!

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Weirdest thing I ever saw was them suspending racing at 10 PM, then thinking the track would be fine at 8 AM. Confused
MMP was never good at 8 AM in low temps.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1622 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
Copied from Facebook

Statement from CCMP Management:

The month of October has been quite a ride. We want to thank everyone that attended events during the month of October. From the Alabama Two Step to the Mike Smith Memorial to the record setting Million and to the unbelievably successful Halloween Spooktacular, we are extremely blessed and thankful for the overwhelming support. Seeing the outpouring of support as we continue to grow and develop our reputation is a testimony to the potential of CCMP. With that being said, we want to offer a full apology to the racers, Folk Promotions, the Million Dollar brand, and, most importantly, Tucker Kancelaar. There were decisions that I as the track owner and operator should have stepped in and made despite the consequences. I did not do that, and I take full responsibility. The week following the Million should have been about and focused on Tucker Kancelaar instead of me and Folk Promotions. Tucker winning the largest Million to date was overshadowed by the drama surrounding issues of the race. For that, Tucker, we at Capital City Motorsports Park sincerely apologize and offer you the congratulations you earned. We also want to take this opportunity to acknowledge and take responsibility for issues pertaining to the race and CCMP. Regardless of accusations, blame, etc., it is ultimately our responsibility and we accept that. We wish the best for Folk Promotions and the Million as they move forward with one of the most prestigious races in the country. We hope that this will be put to rest as we, as well as Folk Promotions, move forward to rebuild our reputations. One thing is for sure, we, along with Folk Promotions, always strive to keep the best interests of the racers first. We look forward to the 2023 race season and hope to see you all soon.
Thank you and God Bless,
Ben and Melissa Willis
Capital City Motorsports Park

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post