DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The Million - LIVE Coverage & Results
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Million - LIVE Coverage & Results
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The split was ridiculous, but apparently everyone agreed to it. I heard they took 425,000 off the top at 24 cars. Winner 215k ru 140k losers at 24 got 10k at 12 20k at 6 40k at 3 60 k. I got no dog in the fight but with 640k winners purse it seems like the winners share should've at least been 300k. Congrats to everyone that cashed in.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If we're ever in that position, I guarantee we ain't agreeing to that but it won't be at this race.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:

Unfortunately, as most are aware, there were some unexpected complications during the 27th Annual Million Dollar Drag Race contested at Capital City Motorsports Park.

I give up - what happened? Does the fact that they plan to move for next year mean it was a host track issue?

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:

Unfortunately, as most are aware, there were some unexpected complications during the 27th Annual Million Dollar Drag Race contested at Capital City Motorsports Park.

I give up - what happened? Does the fact that they plan to move for next year mean it was a host track issue?

Timing system issues and track prep issues

Track owner blaming promoter and promoter blaming track owner, I’m sure the truth is somewhere in between

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:
quote:

Track owner blaming promoter and promoter blaming track owner, I’m sure the truth is somewhere in between

The triple 20k races the week before the million didn’t have any timing issues that I’m aware of. But I wasn’t there and was watching on motormania.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The triple 20k races the week before the million didn’t have any timing issues that I’m aware of. But I wasn’t there and was watching on motormania.

I was there for both races and running

Before the mike smith race even started there were rumors of timing system issues. Track owner got on Facebook and said that wasn’t true, but just to be sure he was flying someone in to look at it. There were racers who said they had problems during the mike smith race, though I didn’t see them with my own eyes.

I can say though that the track prep was much better during the mike smith race than the million. Why exactly and where the responsibility is placed, I don’t know.

Posts: 794 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hate to hear that - Montgomery isn't far from me, and I'd like to see it succeed. If I understand correctly, the track owners are somewhat new to the business.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was watching and right before Caroline McCarty staged the pre stage and the red light were flickering off and on. Caroline gets the starters attention and he walks up there sticks his foot in the beams a couple of times and sends them,she was .009 red. Not saying the flickering had anything to do with it. Who knows, they obviously have some voltage issues. A lot of .040 lights too. Just an observation..

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

WRONG…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
WRONG…

Please enlighten us on the WRONG! Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The split was ridiculous, but apparently everyone agreed to it. I heard they took 425,000 off the top at 24 cars. Winner 215k ru 140k losers at 24 got 10k at 12 20k at 6 40k at 3 60 k. I got no dog in the fight but with 640k winners purse it seems like the winners share should've at least been 300k. Congrats to everyone that cashed in.

At 24 cars per the flyer I believe they were only guaranteed $4000 if you loose for 12 racers. At 12 cars it was only 6 racers getting $5000. And it’s possible that the total money agreed to in the finals could of been split however the last 2 racers decided.

If what you wrote is true, this wasn’t a good split at 24 cars, this was “GREAT SPLIT” imho!!!! And I believe everyone that agreed to that split felt the same. GOOD for them. Well Done!!

When you’re standing there with an even racer count, with that much total money in the pot, you have no idea how much more you’re going. Look at the first $50K race, that had the racer that wouldn’t split all the way to the finals ended up…... he lost!

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Let's face it, neither track owner nor the promoter are going to be willing to take the blame on whose fault it is.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
WRONG…

Please enlighten us on the WRONG! Wink

I can’t remember who’s Facebook it was on, but there were a pile of racers talking about timing system issues the weekend before the Million, and also the footbrake race the weekend before that.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NortonRacing:
Let's face it, neither track owner nor the promoter are going to be willing to take the blame on whose fault it is.

Don't know how anyone could think the promoter would be responsible for anything track related like prep or timing system issues unless he was supplying the prep team or the glue.

Posts: 197 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker II:
quote:
Originally posted by NortonRacing:

Don't know how anyone could think the promoter would be responsible for anything track related like prep or timing system issues unless he was supplying the prep team or the glue.

Promoter said in Facebook post they tried to hire out a 3rd party track prep service but it was too late

Im unsure who was in charge of the track prep/track crew

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
waited too long. ALL details with track prep and timing system should have been worked out and in writing when the contract was signed. Most if not all of these big money races should have a 3rd party prepping and maintaining the track and a through onsite checkout of the timing system by the vendor should also be done at least 2 weeks before the event so as to have time to repair, upgrade, get parts. when races are being decided due to timing issues and track prep for many, the promotor didn't deliver their part of the deal/responsibility. This is ALL on the promoter.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
^^^THIS^^^

Way too much money at stake not to

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
And now I heard on Luke and Jed’s podcast that due to the timing issues some racers were put back in and some weren’t. How screwed up is that?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the reasons keep adding up as to why we will not support this race.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
And now I heard on Luke and Jed’s podcast that due to the timing issues some racers were put back in and some weren’t. How screwed up is that?

Whoa! Bet that went over well (not). Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post