DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    west virginia dragstrip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

west virginia dragstrip
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Does anyone know anything about the dragstrip that was supposed to open in the strip mine in west virginia? Did it open whats the name of it and wheres it at? Thanks for any info.

Posts: 35 | Location: northern ohio | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
That looks crazy. How far of a drop is it from the track surface to the bottom of that pit? Imagine a stuck throttle when the morons are checking their 2-step and trans brake in the pits?

Damn, we want video of that!

Otherwise, would be great to see ANY new tracks opening ANYWHERE!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I like the part about how access to it is denied. This has been sitting there for years, almost a joke.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Wonder about water control. Would the pit fill?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6377 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Stock it with fish for those of us that are having a bad year! Smile

People do that at Cecil County in MD. If they lose early and are there for a multi day race, they fish in the pond next to the pits.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Just thought about this place and thought I'd bump it to the top and see if anyone has heard anything. Last I read about 7mos ago they still had no access to it. Only in America can a thing like this exist and then there is no access.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post