DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Firestone Transforce? or something better?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firestone Transforce? or something better?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
I know there's been discussions about tow vehicle tires. I've done the search but can't find much. I need tires for my 3/4 ton factory size 245/75/16. I see a lot of Firestone Transforce around and mentioned on posts on this board and others. How have they held up and how do they ride? Any bad experiences? Any tires that are better? Local tire store pushing Hankook Dynapro.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
I had the Transforce HT on my 1 ton dually. I really liked the tire in the summer & towing.... but this is my DD as well so in the winter or on wet roads they didn't do well for me. That's not what there made for either.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I have the Firestones on my 2500 pick up and they seem fine but I don’t use the truck all that much. We have the Hankooks on our E250 work van and they held up really well despite NY City roads and Fords dumb front ends. Both my truck and the work van use that same size, both are solid choices in my opinion.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 57 Vette
posted Hide Post
I just put the new Firestone Transforce 2 tires on my C class motorhome 225/75-16. And i love the ride and feel of these tires on the road.
Great all weather traction tire!

IHRA ACDELCO Canadian Nationals
Top/et Iron man Champion Wink
Don Davis 57 Corvette Super Gas roadster Cool
SDPC 582 Head Hunter on alcohol

Posts: 268 | Location: Toronto Ont/Surprise AZ | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Truck is a K2500 Chevy so it's 4wd. The biggest problem is I don't drive it enough to wear out tires, the Michelins have 43k on them but they got old and dry rotted and cracked.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I had Firestone Transforce on my pickup for a number of years. 265’s and they were the M/S version.

I replaced them a couple years ago with General Grabbers and it was a night and day difference.
The Generals are way better handling. I noticed it on my first drive home.
They probably are not quite as good in snow but that’s just not that important.

My truck is a GMC 2500HD 4x4

I Put new tires on every vehicle I own at the same time and bought the from Discount Tire Direct.

Good prices, rebates, free shipping.

Generals on truck
Coopers on MH
Goodyear’s on trailer.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I to buy from Discount tire direct. Dually has Hankooks on the rear and Firestones on the front that seem fine. F150 4wd has Generals all the way around as it came with them. Mercedes has Hankooks and trailers both have Goodyears. You keep them aired up right and they all seem to last for me. Motorhome has Kellys.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I got 70K Miles out of my last set of Transforce All Terrrains 265-75-16. It was a no brainer to put them on again.

Posts: 33 | Location: Xenia | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have 275,000 miles on my 3/4 Chevy 2wd and have my 4th set of TransForce's on it, there will be no other tire put on it.

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have Firestone transforce on both my Dually and my trailer, that is 12 total and so far so good.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
First thing is I don't drive my truck much, usually just towing or hauling trash to the dump, so tires get old before worn. I found a deal on Transforce but was worried about the age of them. It seems Firestone redesigned the Transforce HT to a HT2 and the deals are on old stock to sell them out. In the end I went with Cooper Discoverer HT3 from local tire store. They are load range E 120R with a 50k mileage rating. For some reason local tire shops aren't carrying Firestone at all.