DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    hauling dragster suspended support
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hauling dragster suspended support
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Question for anyone hauling a dragster with front end suspended. What are you using for support front and middle of chassis.

Asking because have trailer coming and have to finish inside and want to make allowance for adding lift later so as to haul door car and dragster if I want to. Just figuring all options and what I can do now to make easier later.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I had a friend make this for me. It is a farm plowing disk at the base, sitting on my chassis saver balloon.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
well hell I have breakfast every morning with 5 farmers finding a disk should be easy. Well I have coffee and about 6 tons BS with them . I know more about insurance farming than any non farmer alive. LAMO

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of SC4400
posted Hide Post
I have been hauling my 242" dragster suspended over my roadster for 7 years and @ 50K miles. I don't use any support in the middle. I've tried a few things, but everything moves around enough that it doesn't seem to be effective. My rear tires are 30 inches off the floor on what I call a table. The tires are strapped down to the table, and I let it ride on the suspension. I have had NO problems doing this.

RIP

It's a dangerous time in America. The communists are inside the gates.
Our survival is not guaranteed.

Posts: 792 | Location: Lake Charles La | Registered: January 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
suspension might be why it works ok.FED has zero suspension and have been told by cpl repeatable chassis builder its best to have support.