DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    32' trailer with 2 cars
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

32' trailer with 2 cars
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
First Its not me building second car,so no need to tell me to get mine to track first.

Have a friend with strong itch to build a left hand steer roadster. Mainly for bracket racing and possibly national event stuff. He was asking me about my trailer deal and thinking out loud about feasibility of his building car and then being in boat I am in. Have car and no trailer yet. Long story shortened, He asked how possible it would be to haul both cars in trailer I am starting. Told him should work on paper,but not always end result.
Question any reason a dragster(225" Fed,allow for change) and left hand steer roadster wouldn't be fairly easy fit in 32'x8.5' x 7' trailer. L shaped cabinets where plan,lot to figure on L or just across front. SO 30'x 8.5' floor. Fed is about 275 back to front. Figure to build lift for nose and a support for middle for fed. Park roadster under it. Roadster will be 120" or so wheel base,30" nose and maybe 24" behind reaR AXLE centerline. On paper looks like no issue. Just idea right now,like I need another one of those.LMAO

Have hauled 280" TA/D and TA/FC in trailer but was 48' goose neck and 8' ceiling. Oh yea I do gain access to huge shop for trailer build plus bypass buying welder for aluminum(2k savings),although could probably get those anyway. So whats catch I am missing or trouble to head off early.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I had my cabinets all put on the road side wall to open up the floor on my 38' gooseneck with 32' of floor. Gave me room for my race truck and golf cart with room in between them.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We fit my 225" rear engine car and a backhalf Cutlass into 28" of floor space. The trailer is +6" extra tall.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActionRacingPhotos:
We fit my 225" rear engine car and a backhalf Cutlass into 28" of floor space. The trailer is +6" extra tall.

Really? Would have never thought that would fit. Sounds like I should have tons of room then.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:
Originally posted by ActionRacingPhotos:

Really? Would have never thought that would fit. Sounds like I should have tons of room then.

It's a tight fit but it gets the job done and we own it lol. Bigger trailer means bigger motorhome.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Ironic part.I have FL70 with 24' conversion we did long time ago.Almost no miles.Long story. Just no trailer. Fl-70 pulling a FED down road on dolly just be be too damn funny.LMAO

DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
32' trailer with no extra height. 215" dragster with a back half falcon wagon with plenty of room.

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Chris,
If it were me and I was building a new trailer I would go 34 foot, 1 foot extra high.
As you know once it's built it's kind of tough to add on to.

You'll still need to lift the nose BUT not as high.
Not too mention we all like to have a little more room in our trailers. I'm sure you'll be able to find stuff to put in it.
Big Grin

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Chris,if your friend is interested in a roadster,I have a '27 set up for bbc,glde..7.50 cert etc...he can't build one for what I'm asking ....PM me and will get him details....

Posts: 19 | Location: florida | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post