New
Find
Notify
Tools

Password change?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
For the life of me I can’t find in my profile where to change my password. Any help?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Select from the above tool bar

Go
Personal Zone
View/Edit Complete Profile on Right of Screen
Select box that says change account password.

This is also where you can update your email if needed.

SL...

Posts: 2105 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Click on "Go". Click on personal zone.Click on profile. click on edit in upper right corner. Check mark the box after Change Account Password.

Posts: 81 | Location: Ringtown, Pa. | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I was treed....

Posts: 81 | Location: Ringtown, Pa. | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Finally got it done but I swear that option didn’t pop up before.

Long story short I got scammed and hacked the other day.

Changing all your login information and passwords on everything you have is a pain in the a-z-z!

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
1 IN 5 will be hacked in 2020, they just got to you early....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Nichols
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:

Changing all your login information and passwords on everything you have is a pain in the a-z-z!

As someone that worked in IT for close to 30 years, there is a safer more unique method for passwords that YOU control (not a third party password product.

Given that MOST password rules have evolved, the following rules seem to be in place at MOST places and allow you to use a unique password at each website.

1 capital letter required minimum
1 number minimum
1 special character allowed but not required
Min 6-8 character length.

Pick a starter word common to all websites....ie...engine

Capitalize one character: Engine

change 1 vowel to a numeric ......i becomes 1, or your own mix a=1, e=2, i=3, o=4, u=5

Now you have Eng1ne or Eng3ne using the systems above ( or make up your own )

Add a suffix to your new base word involving each unique site using the first letter, or 2 letters, or even whole word(s) : Eng1ne AOL or Eng1neFOXNEWS

Finally, add a special character to what you created (Note: not all special characters are allowed, but usually # and @ are).

The resulting password examples would be:

Eng1neAOL@ or Eng1neFOXNEWS#

I know this sounds a little complicated but the benefits include never having to KNOW a password, but being able to figure it out in 2-3 attempts and that each site is unique. You never have to worry about going to EVERY site because you had to change it in one place.

One site said I needed 2 numbers: So Eng1ne became Eng11ne ( 1 becomes 11 ) or add a second number substitution: Eng1ne becomes Eng1n3

The point is you can build your own unique password SYSTEM that you control and can manage without having to keep track of EVERY password. With this technique, you can figure it out even if you haven't been there in forever and each password is unique.

Posts: 157 | Location: Charlestown, IN U.S.A | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bob,

Thanks for that! I may try that system. I finally got them all done, there were some sites I had forgotten about. It is a chore. I’m still pissed at PayPal but I’ll get over it.