DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Fiberglass companies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fiberglass companies
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted
I'm looking to buy a 6" cowl vega hood. What companies should I avoid? Thanks

In greed we trust...So where's my money at?

Posts: 187 | Location: Elyria,Ohio | Registered: February 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Go with harwood... great stuff

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:

I would but they dont offer 6" cowl hoods for a vega.

Posts: 187 | Location: Elyria,Ohio | Registered: February 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
How about VFN or Goasstek?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vega3410:
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:

I would but they dont offer 6" cowl hoods for a vega.

Glasstek or VFN stay away from unlimited

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted Hide Post
Vfn offers 4.5" glasstek offers 4".. unlimited offers a 6".. I thought I read before to stay away from unlimited...

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yea I have heard stay away from unlimited also.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of willys1191
posted Hide Post
You may want to try Us Body Source there stuff was really nice last time we used them.

Posts: 66 | Location: Enola, Pa | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
My buddy got a hood for his Mustang from Unlimited. That is the most ill fitting thin piece of crap I have ever seen. The edges look like they were trimmed with tin snips around the headlights and you can see through portions of the cowl.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 738 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of deadon1578
posted Hide Post
Some of the parts on my car come from Hairy Glass, I didn't build the car but everything is well fitted and light

Posts: 47 | Location: md | Registered: July 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
if it comes from Hairy Glass it is top notch. Harwood has always been good too.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My Dad bought a deck lid and a hood with a scoop from Unlimited, years ago... The deck lid had holes in it. The scoop was terribly crooked. No amount of body work could have saved either piece. When returned, they tried to charge a 50% "restocking fee." Stay away.

Ben Rawe 383H
1965 Chevy II Nova

Posts: 226 | Location: Alexandria, KY | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of vega3410
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.. I've decided to go with vfn..

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I bought VFN for my monza and it was nice stuff.