New
Find
Notify
Tools

CHESS....
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I would agree with above statement as you have to have four bulbs before the tree can start clean.
The issue most are talking about is the instant firing of the tree after the fourth bulb comes on during a slow staging.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
quote:
Instead of second hand news (here), perhaps ACE should post on their FB page that Accutime is scheduled to certify that the timing system at D42 is in fact working correctly and when this work is complete.

News of last weekends SFG event “Fiasco” travels fast.

Well I'm really not anyone, but I think most will say I'm credible and this is a little more than 2nd hand news. The Ace guys are personal friends of mine and we had a direct conversation about the issues and their plan to try to rectify it.

When they actually get Accutime there there will be a formal press release here and I'm sure they will post it on their Facebook page for "validation".

I just felt since this topic was partially about issues at hand, it would be important to let racers know this is being addressed and hopefully these issues can be behind this nice facility.

SL...

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fastman-99:
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
quote:
the lack of tech, and random inspections seems to be a bigger issue to me. sure people are cheating. it shouldnt be a shocker to anyone. But when I am sitting in the lanes of a foot brake, or no box race and the car next to me has a delay box mounted on the dash I would think thats pretty obvious.

Then go ahead and protest them. Take a picture and post the names of the cheaters.

Your missing the point. When a flyer says no boxes in or on vehicle, and its mounted clear as day in the car, thats a problem. The fact is overall, with these big races there is no way they can efficiently tech these cars. But when people blatantly violate the rules and no one does anything, it says alot about what the track and or promoter are willing to allow happen. 99% of the people putting on the races dont care who wins or how they won. They just want to complete the race and collect the profits. Its a business, not an ethical examination. And trust me there are plenty of people willing to exploit that!

I understand completely what you are saying. You are making a bold statement that isn’t true about promoters for one. And if you see someone cheating and don’t say a word then you are part of the problem. Why can’t you say something when you see it happening? Everyone is quick to throw out the dirty dozen which happened 20 years ago but won’t say who they think is cheating last week. From what I’ve heard there has been more tech than people here are willing to admit to.

It may be a bold statement, but its true. Promoters and or track owners, dont care who wins or how. they want the event completed, and money in there pocket. I have seen it time and time again, where promises are made to crack down on this or that, it never happens. They flat out dont care, they dont have the time, and there not going to spend the resources to police it because it doesnt effect them. And to say I am part of the problem is laughable, say something, really, why??? You think there gonna act on it, you think i am the only guy who walked past the car and saw the box or whatever. come on man, your head is in the sand. And i never said a word about the dirty dozen, it was before my time and i could care less. The cheating going on now is far more advanced than that anyways. .

I race with a delay box, every once in awhile, I will race in no box, I will ask and get the ok, to leave my box in and zero it out..so far it has never been an issue. anybody can see the hand movement and the car leave at the same time...………..nobody has ever accused me of winning to much either.

Posts: 79 | Location: myrtle point ore | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I just can not understand getting worked up about witnessing a cheat, all while not saying a word to those who could do something about it.
Do you prefer to play the victim?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6378 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I just can not understand getting worked up about witnessing a cheat, all while not saying a word to those who could do something about it.
Do you prefer to play the victim?

Bucky...Dead on to the Zeros... clapping

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post