Share |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
CHESS....
 Login/Join
 
DRR Sportsman
posted
Makes you WONDER the baddest chess player in the world just got caught CHEATING.....
 
Posts: 418 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Money changes the best.
 
Posts: 324 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
where there is big money, there are cheaters! fact of life,more so today than ever. we live in a society that is rapidly losing its morals.
 
Posts: 132 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Coloradoracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
where there is big money, there are cheaters! fact of life,more so today than ever. we live in a society that is rapidly losing its morals.


That's one of the most true statements I've ever heard!


Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
 
Posts: 211 | Location: Lehigh Acres, Florida | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I would like to see the results of someone being caught cheating in big money bracket racing at a big money race...way too many of us working hard and spending hard earned money to race legitimately to have the cheater avoid the azz beating of their life...could any of you imagine?

Yes, I think your going to get a beating from the other racers if you are caught and proved to be cheating with this kind of money invested to run the race and the thought of being cheated out of the money unfairly would cause the beating...

JMO what do I know...
 
Posts: 1030 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Coloradoracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I would like to see the results of someone being caught cheating in big money bracket racing at a big money race...way too many of us working hard and spending hard earned money to race legitimately to have the cheater avoid the azz beating of their life...could any of you imagine?

Yes, I think your going to get a beating from the other racers if you are caught and proved to be cheating with this kind of money invested to run the race and the thought of being cheated out of the money unfairly would cause the beating...


JMO what do I know...




Some years ago Dave Connely (pro stock Dave Connely) and a group of racers were caught cheating in IHRA events. They were given a lifetime ban from racing. I don't remember all the details, but I do think there is a lot of cheating going on.....More than some will admit too. I think if a racer runs a string of .00x lights and runs a string of dead on dials with an "x", then he should at least be looked over. If he's running honest and just a damned good racer, then good on him for having a great combo.....but I'd be willing to bet that if you see that, sooner or later you're going to catch someone gaming it to get those numbers...I know there's guys that can do that and do it honestly and often, not saying it can't be done. Happens every weekend....what I'm saying is there's guys out there that are doing it WAY TO OFTEN.....I doubt that even the best racers can keep packages like that all the time....even the best have bad days.....


Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
 
Posts: 211 | Location: Lehigh Acres, Florida | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:



Some years ago Dave Connely (pro stock Dave Connely) and a group of racers were caught cheating in IHRA events. They were given a lifetime ban from racing..


Really? How many were there?
 
Posts: 725 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
Picture of Canted Valve
posted Hide Post
quote:
we live in a society that is rapidly losing its morals.

While this is true, morals is a learned behavior. The root problem is innate human nature, "the nature of the beast" if you will. We, as Americans, LOVE to shout "land of the free" and to that I say BS! People only cheat when there are rules to be broken and as those rules grow exponentially, drag racing or whatever, the cheating escalates accordingly. For example: "How many federal (just federal now) laws are there? No One Knows. There are about 20,000 laws just governing the use and ownership of guns. New laws mean new crimes. From the start of 2000 through 2007, Congress had created at least 452 new crimes, so that at that time the total number of Federal crimes exceeded 4,450." As government (or a sanctioning body) continues to grow and smother the people the "losing it's morals" will continue at a reciprocal rate. JMO



Illegitimi non carborundum
 
Posts: 996 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dave Connolly was never caught cheating, he along with his father Ray were among the group now known as the dirty dozen. back on 99 I think it was,Rich Matty, the leader of the pack was protested at a big race in Florida. rather than allowing a tech inspection they loaded up and ran out of town leaving there winnings behind with the angry mob of racers that wanted that tech inspection. From that came Bill Baders decision to ban said 12 from IHRA competition for life. This suspension was brought on after 1 of the 12 went to Bader with his "race analyzer " and explained what was going on at Norwalk on a weekly basis. Google IHRA dirty dozen
 
Posts: 132 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Coloradoracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
Dave Connolly was never caught cheating, he along with his father Ray were among the group now known as the dirty dozen. back on 99 I think it was,Rich Matty, the leader of the pack was protested at a big race in Florida. rather than allowing a tech inspection they loaded up and ran out of town leaving there winnings behind with the angry mob of racers that wanted that tech inspection. From that came Bill Baders decision to ban said 12 from IHRA competition for life. This suspension was brought on after 1 of the 12 went to Bader with his "race analyzer " and explained what was going on at Norwalk on a weekly basis. Google IHRA dirty dozen



That was it.....Told you I can't remember details....getting old sucks


Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
 
Posts: 211 | Location: Lehigh Acres, Florida | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here a dirt track racer was winning about every week in a class with supposedly sealed engines. Last race he won his engine was confiscated and sure enough it had been improved and resealed. Guess he is done now with the label “CHEATER” attached to his name now.
 
Posts: 4381 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I would like to see the results of someone being caught cheating in big money bracket racing at a big money race...way too many of us working hard and spending hard earned money to race legitimately to have the cheater avoid the azz beating of their life...could any of you imagine?


I would NEVER like to see this happen in our sport and believe that those participating in local bracket and especially these big bracket races are not cheating.

I believe that racers (especially the younger ones) (under 50) have become so very good at repeating on the starting line. And car equipment today can make any type of combination the most consistent ever.

I also believe it is much easier to police the ignition systems being used today as well.

Besides having a good car and driver, I also believe you need some luck to make it to the semis in any of these big races. My example is this. Take the RT / ET package of each round of any race where you were able to win 8 rounds. Now take the round statistics of a Big Money race like the $525k that was run at Martin MI recently. If you put your RT/ET from that 8 round race into any slot from the $525 race that will beat your competitor, my bet is you’ll be in the semi-finals. I have 1320GO and have done this. Try it if you don’t believe me. It’s a matter of who you end up racing at that given time that can dictate the outcome.
 
Posts: 814 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I would NEVER like to see this happen in our sport and believe that those participating in local bracket and especially these big bracket races are not cheating. END QUOTE

I have learned over the years that unfortunatley never comes true with regularity. I hope your right anyhow markemark.
 
Posts: 1030 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I understand, but I don’t like violence and believe that any wrong doings are better dealt with in a civil manner.
 
Posts: 814 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
Picture of Canted Valve
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understand, but I don’t like violence and believe that any wrong doings are better dealt with in a civil manner.

I would think any logical person would feel the same way, but not everyone is logical and/or diplomatic. What is the very first response of the government in matters of wrong doing? Violence, the police if necessary, will shoot and kill you on a first encounter. On a global basis it's a military strike. So, I think one can assume humans "respond" to violence. Again, it's the nature of the beast, and you're not going to change inherent behavior with logic or reasoning.



Illegitimi non carborundum
 
Posts: 996 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
I understand, but I don’t like violence and believe that any wrong doings are better dealt with in a civil manner.

I would think any logical person would feel the same way, but not everyone is logical and/or diplomatic. What is the very first response of the government in matters of wrong doing? Violence, the police if necessary, will shoot and kill you on a first encounter. On a global basis it's a military strike. So, I think one can assume humans "respond" to violence. Again, it's the nature of the beast, and you're not going to change inherent behavior with logic or reasoning.


Agreed, but I believe that given the power of social media today, a racer proven and exposed to have knowingly cheated, especially in these large to win races, would face damaging their reputation for a very long time.
 
Posts: 814 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I thought the guy that put on the big $525K race at Michigan was going to give lie detector test's to the top 3 or 4 finishers, what happened to that? Could the fact that the guy who won was one of the house cars, could that have had anything to do with it.
 
Posts: 31 | Location: corona, ca | Registered: October 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rookieman:
I thought the guy that put on the big $525K race at Michigan was going to give lie detector test's to the top 3 or 4 finishers, what happened to that? Could the fact that the guy who won was one of the house cars, could that have had anything to do with it.


This winning truck had analog ignition and driver was hired.
 
Posts: 814 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
where there is big money, there are cheaters! fact of life,more so today than ever. we live in a society that is rapidly losing its morals.


Actually at that level of play it is all about the FAME over the money...
What good is money if you don't have FAME to go along with it, is their mind set...


Burt

 
Posts: 1010 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Rookieman:
I thought the guy that put on the big $525K race at Michigan was going to give lie detector test's to the top 3 or 4 finishers, what happened to that? Could the fact that the guy who won was one of the house cars, could that have had anything to do with it.


This winning truck had analog ignition and driver was hired.


How does that matter to his question about a lie detector.



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 723 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  
 


© DragRaceResults.com 2018