DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Just an observation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just an observation
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Was watching the million live stream this morning. I didn’t see a single window net on any of the door cars. Has the requirements been changed? Or just no one using them and no one cares?

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
Was watching the million live stream this morning. I didn’t see a single window net on any of the door cars. Has the requirements been changed? Or just no one using them and no one cares?

This requirement, plus other requirements aren't being followed by some at the millions I've raced at. It doesn't matter who the promoter is, they want race entries.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

6.39 or slower, there's no regulations.

You're legal no matter where you go, 6.39 or slower.

Pajama pants are legal, 6.39 or slower. Smile

I could care less if it's of importance to the other guy, to be legal.

None of my biz.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
he millions I've raced at.

You have never raced in a $50k to win no mind in any of the actual million races!

That said there is no tech, no safety enforcement of the NHRA rules at any of these big $ gambler races.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
When was the last example of a window net saving a racer from driving over there head, into a concrete track barrier? Confused

Never?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I was being respectful to promoters of the millions I raced at, that don't pay the full amount based on car count.

As for the $50K+ to win, you are wrong again on your stupid wrong assumptions.

NahNahTounge

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Prove it or STFU! Post the video of you competing at a $50k race. What’s stupid is your constant need to LIE here in an attempt to make yourself relevant.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Prove it or STFU! Post the video of you competing at a $50k race. What’s stupid is your constant need to LIE here in an attempt to make yourself relevant.

Nobody STFU because you ordered them to.
And since you challenged his attendance, it’s up to you to prove he wasn’t there.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike the 6.39 and slower statement is not entirely true. Yes 6.40 and slower a cage and thus a net is not required. Now it has been 15 years since I let my silver sfi certificate expire. When I was a tech inspector back the in Div2champ at least according to the division tech director, if the car had a full cage, even though it runs 6.40 or slower the net was still required because it is considered part of the cage. Not my decision just how we were told to interpret the rule.

Posts: 493 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

Nobody STFU because you ordered them to.
And since you challenged his attendance, it’s up to you to prove he wasn’t there.

^^^This^^^

The #1 Mental Mess of a loser B1tch, trying to justify his delusional assumptions.

As for your "$50k race" again.... get your wrong assumptions right; I stated "$50K+ to win", work on your comprehension skills boy! Wink

Now, like the above wrong assumption & others in the past. I'll prove it my way, like the others in PM to Bucky. Then you can go beg, grovel or whatever else you do to your daddy & get the proof.

Bucky, let me know if you want the proof. Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Typical response from the nobodies here that lie, trying to be relevant. Laughing very hard He won’t price because he can’t prove it because he never has competed in z $50k. FACT!

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike the 6.39 and slower statement is not entirely true. Yes 6.40 and slower a cage and thus a net is not required. Now it has been 15 years since I let my silver sfi certificate expire. When I was a tech inspector back the in Div2champ at least according to the division tech director, if the car had a full cage, even though it runs 6.40 or slower the net was still required because it is considered part of the cage. Not my decision just how we were told to interpret the rule.

Just had my truck certified for 8.50 and slower, I don't even have the brackets for a window net.

This was at Div 2 finals, I mainly run 6.50s so it wasn't a priority but did it just in case.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Typical response from the nobodies here that lie, trying to be relevant. Laughing very hard He won’t price because he can’t prove it because he never has competed in z $50k. FACT!

I like when you get all pi$$ed off & go into mental turmoil. You get all tongue tied or should I say, keyboard finger twisted "price" or "z". Laughing very hard

I know you're a Wanna-Be stickler for black & white wording; again.... $50K++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ races!

The cheapest form of entertainment, Special Ed.

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If you only had a clue, pissed off not even a little bit, but I am distracted enjoying a great day in the mountains of Colorado. NahNahTounge

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I didn't STFU! NahNahTounge

The last thing I would do, is get pi$$ed off/distracted on a forum while "enjoying a great day in the mountains of Colorado." Wink

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'll take your no reply as agreeing with me, your welcome! Just trying to help you out buddy. Laughing very hard

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Requirements? What sanctioning body sanctions the Million? Safety, we don't need no stinkin' tech this is big money. Do they even tech cars at any of these events? I remember a video of a guy getting out of his car to argue with the starter at a big money race and he didn't have a fire jacket on.

Posts: 1461 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
quote:

Requirements? What sanctioning body sanctions the Million? Safety, we don't need no stinkin' tech this is big money. Do they even tech cars at any of these events? I remember a video of a guy getting out of his car to argue with the starter at a big money race and he didn't have a fire jacket on.

600 cars how long would it take to tech them all lol

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I've seen shorts and a fire jacket as I'm sure track officials as well. In NJ that would not fly. The NJ State Police used to and probably still do police the race tracks. I was kicked out of the track 36 years ago by a trooper because I was only 17 and racing. Had to be 18 back then by State racing commission.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
This is how tech goes:
"Where do I go thru tech?"
" Is your check good you just gave me?"
"Yes"
"OK you're good to go"

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post