DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Just an observation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just an observation
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
when we ran our Dv2 at Galot last month they did not "tech" (which I think is stupid) except for stock/super stock & comp. I think they stopped that with covid in 2020. I do think if you make it to a certain number of cars you still have to go to the scales though.

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 45 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I was told I needed a window net in my 10.20s car ,1/4 mile because It was a back half car with sheet metal floor starting at 10” in front of seat back. I asked tech to show me in rule book. He said “ I have no time to do it” and just passed me . That Monday I called my local guy who does NHRA chassis certs. Who looked in to it cause I could not find the rule in 2021 book. He could not find any rule in the book and called tech Director at Div 7 , they both confirm is no such rule.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
quote:
Originally posted by Wooley:
Was watching the million live stream this morning. I didn’t see a single window net on any of the door cars. Has the requirements been changed? Or just no one using them and no one cares?

Requirements? What sanctioning body sanctions the Million? Safety, we don't need no stinkin' tech this is big money. Do they even tech cars at any of these events? I remember a video of a guy getting out of his car to argue with the starter at a big money race and he didn't have a fire jacket on.

Yeah and then he threw a fit and ran over all the cones on the way down the track. Didn't even get kicked out of the event!

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
I know this an entire discussion outside of this, but I have never understood the mentality of not wearing what safety equipment is required by the class you are racing in. If you can't afford a pair of driving pants, shoes, gloves, window net - those items are a very very small percentage of one's total race operation - maybe you shouldn't be in the class you are in that requires it.

I never bought into the sanctioning bodies - self tech, random tech, whatever you want to call it thing they are doing now at various events. The very bodies that require these safety measures are taking a step back in monitoring and enforcement - that is indicative of a culture issue.

You can ask folks to do all kinds of things, but if the tech folks feel they do not have the support of track management, are not empowered to say something or do something, and the sanctioning leaders don't feel it is important to enforce beyond personal level - well there in lies the problem. Culture starts at the tops and filters down.

I've witnessed my fare share of racing accidents - some not so bad, some bad, some real bad. Some folks were not banged up, others were sort of banged up, and some pretty banged up, but they all lived and all came back to race another day - and not a one of them that I know did that without wearing what they were supposed to.

I dunno - maybe it is 28 plus years in construction that has given me this 'WTF is wrong you attitude' when it comes to this stuff, but it makes zero sense to me. If you can't respect the fact the saftey requirements are for your safety as well as others (including the folks have to come clean up after you) maybe you just don't need to be here...

** Not saying some of the things that are required maybe need looked at or massages a little for more practicality at some point. Smile

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post