DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    American Doorslammer Nats 10K-20K-10K for $380 @ Piedmont
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Doorslammer Nats 10K-20K-10K for $380 @ Piedmont
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Pretty awesome event and a great show. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Just finished 1st round---its 5:15. Looks like a long night. Seems like something might have happened to make 1 round last 7 hours because they don't mess around at Piedmont.

Check your math, Fern. Wink 12:17 - 5:15pm isn't 7 hours. It *was* an hour behind where we should've been due to numerous breakages requiring a tow or a rollback. Even with that, we were on pace to finish, until Mother Nature stuck her nose in.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
So the big winners on the Abruzzi 10K Finale of the Racer Tees American Doorslammer Nationals presented by McCarty Auto Parts, Inc. were the California Car Cover Best Appearing Car (Truck!) of Skip Briggs, the GIBBS RACE CARS & Performance Parts Best Engineered Firebird of Kyle B1gley, and unexpectedly... Mother Nature.

After completing the colossal 474 car Summit 10K Warmup and 539 car ATI 20K Main Event, 485 entries completed first round of the Abruzzi 10K Finale before a light mist that was absent from the radar halted the event deep into the second round. It's not the way anyone wanted to end the weekend, but Loose Rocker added over $4,000 to the total purse for the split.
Thank you to each and every racer, fan, sponsor, and staff member for making the World's Largest Door Car Big Money Bracket Race an unforgettable weekend!

__

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

__

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I watched 85 90 % of the racing on motor mania tv and lots of nice wheel stands but none as nice and smooth and pretty as ******s Firebird congrads

Posts: 65 | Location: central indiana | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
And then there's the "Ron the Announcer Award", generally bestowed upon something funky, cool, radical, or off the beaten path...

Jono Gerber, driving for Dave and Amanda Braskett

__

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Great Promoters, Great Format and Great Weather are a Great Recipe for a Great Turnout!

Congratulations on such a fine weekend and to all the racers who did well.

SL...

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Michael/Anthony, again, great job this past weekend, well run race! You and your/the track staff were friendly and did an outstanding job.

Thanks again for choosing our car as the Best Engineered amongst 539 entries at the "The Largest Door Car Race in HISTORY!"

We are truly honored. Not worthy

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
1290 I will say that your ride was impressive leaving the line. I was keeping tabs from the interweb.

ep-maybe I need some afco shocks

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Thanks

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Oh, c'mon! This thread is sorely disappointing! I expected this to really drive some traffic for Scott! Razz

Next they're going to be sitting around a campfire together... Roll Eyes

__

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
They announced the 3 day entry totals as 474 / 539 / 485, but I would be interested to know the total doubles each day as well.

Many beautiful Door Cars and I thought the Best Engineered Car choice was a Great one. Congrats Ed !!

And Yes, I attended making the 900 mile trip.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markemark,

Posts: 2440 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Watched all of the event on motormaniatv. Great racing event! Looking forward to the next one promoted by Michael Beard.

Posts: 6 | Location: Whitesboro,Texas | Registered: January 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You don't have to wait long---Loose Rocker is at Piedmont this weekend with the traditional thanksgiving foot brake race. Same deal but foot brake only.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post