New
Find
Notify
Tools

parking at indy?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
ive never been to the us nationals before.how is the parking situation?? its showing close to 800 cars for the national event next week.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
And who has an extra parking pass for a left coaster flying in to watch?

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sully3358
posted Hide Post
It's tight. Only going to be tighter yet this year with TD/TS involved. Get there by Sunday night if you can. IIRC they parked everyone Tuesday last year.

The guys that show up late will most likely be parked out in a field adjacent to the sand trap that is not very dragster friendly.

They may have designated parking areas for the TD/TS categories though, who knows...

Posts: 183 | Location: IL | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
sounds like im out in the field then lol

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I know you can't believe in longer term weather forecasts,but with 800+ cars and the rain that is "currently" predicted,it could get quite interesting out in the field.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know you can't believe in longer term weather forecasts,but with 800+ cars and the rain that is "currently" predicted,it could get quite interesting out in the field.

please don't say this

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just saw on Facebook that some people are in line already.
Holy Moly

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Moe, look me up. parking will be fine just get ready to have a little fun.
I'll be there to help you get parked in the best spot I have.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by double trouble:
Moe, look me up. parking will be fine just get ready to have a little fun.
I'll be there to help you get parked in the best spot I have.
I will be looking for you,lol

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
the forecast looks pretty good after tomorrow. looks like mid 70's every day with a 20 % chance of rain most of the week and weekend. should be fast

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
my bad,now they are showing a high of 83 on Friday with a thunderstorm in spots in the afternoon

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just read that they will not start racing today until 11:00 am due to 250 rigs that are still waiting to be parked this morning.