DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Dear track owner/operator
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear track owner/operator
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted
I'm sure the ones that read a board like this are not the ones that need this message.
Please give details about your races on your websites. A teaser about it with no info on payouts,entry fee or buyback info is not going to draw racers. Facebook is a good tool but it's not your web site. If you are going to post on FB at least answer the questions when someone asks details about your event.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't like it any more than you do. However, I think it comes down to two factors. #1. Facebook is free. Websites cost money to maintain. #2. A website is less user friendly. A track operator, even a relatively non internet savvy one, can easily make a Facebook page work. It is what it is. Were it not for how heavily small dragstrips now lean on Facebook, I would have never joined up. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Tom is correct. I’m on the board of our local track and admittedly we are lacking on our website. Not gonna lie about it. Websites are a pain, none of us old ****s are versed in that stuff so trying to get changes made sucks whereas Facebook we can just post a message.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
I used to do websites for a living, yet I still hate maintaining them. Websites are good resource materials, but they are a "pull" mechanism: i.e., someone has to be actively seeking the particular website/information. Facebook is a "push" mechanism. Once you "like" a page, information is delivered to you, usually without you having to look for it. I added our facebook feed on our website, so everything we post on facebook automagically appears on the website... best of both worlds.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I did join FB mostly for following tracks. I understand the web site expense and that it's a hassle.
That said if you're going to use FB then give the details and answer questions when people ask them on the FB page.

Posts: 1456 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
In my case no facebook so unless its here or on the track web site or someone lets me know I will miss out on it. Sorry. I do notice that all the best promoters and tracks list their races here. Good for them. Scott needs support also as he supports our sport.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Agreed Fern!

If my kid and wife were not on FB I would miss some info at times.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
In my case no facebook so unless its here or on the track web site or someone lets me know I will miss out on it.

How often do you go to the Loose Rocker website?

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No facebook for me. It does seem like it is getting to the point where that is the only place some places post important information. it does seem like a darn flyer could be on the website. I just ask my wife to look it up on Facebook.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I'm with you Bucky.
I had farcebook, but deleted it, to many stupid posts by my "friends" that pizzed me off. Now when someone mentions something on farcebook I look at my wife's.
She doesn't follow drag racing..lol

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
The only reason I don't delete Facebook is because I don't want to miss out on the race announcements & raffles. You guys should just create a profile with a fake name and don't 'friend' anyone - just like the pages of the racetracks & series you are interested in....

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You got me Ducky. But if I need info from you I can call and your races are so far always on here and Motor Mania.....No Face Place for me.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Michael Beard, you're the exception, an extreme exception. You're on forums and FB so much it's easy to follow Loose Rocker without needing to look at the web site.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Proper advertising months in advance is important. Many track owners try to throw together a race a week in advance with a flyer that leaves many questions to be answered and wonder why the car count is low. I typically decide what races I am going to months in advance

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post