DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Traveling Atlanta to Reynolds GA Advice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling Atlanta to Reynolds GA Advice
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Traveling Atlanta to Reynolds GA Advice

I will be traveling South on I-75 into West Atlanta and taking I-285 around exiting on I-75 to HY 49 + 96.

There is a HY 19 that parallels I-75 to the West and my question is, is HY 19 a good route to take to Reynolds or is staying on I-75 a better route? Or is there another better way? Never traveled in Georgia.

I’ll be traveling South from Indianapolis, Louisville and Nashville.

TIA, Mark

Posts: 2433 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
75 is much better. Only problem is near mcdonah traffic will back up.

Posts: 485 | Location: Going to or returning from the chipmine. | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
75 south to exit 205 . Take ga hwy 36 west to Barnesville and then get on 19 south . Lots of truck stops at 205 .

Posts: 1232 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Nichols
posted Hide Post
Depending on your time of day, you might want to zip right through downtown instead of taking the loop around Atlanta. When timed correctly, you can save a lot of time.

Posts: 157 | Location: Charlestown, IN U.S.A | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Best thing to do is take I-75 all the way to the Forsyth exit (exit 187) and take SR 83 to US341.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Nichols:
Depending on your time of day, you might want to zip right through downtown instead of taking the loop around Atlanta. When timed correctly, you can save a lot of time.

Could be about the Noon to 3pm time period on Wednesday. Does this work going straight thru?

Posts: 2433 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
Best thing to do is take I-75 all the way to the Forsyth exit (exit 187) and take SR 83 to US341.

Garmin has me on exit 187 Forsyth and take SR42 to US341. SR 83 looks shorter route. Both roads equal or is SR83 better traveling.

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:

Garmin has me on exit 187 Forsyth and take SR42 to US341. SR 83 looks shorter route. Both roads equal or is SR83 better traveling.

I've done both, one is about as good as the other.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
getting off at hwy 42 is a lot closer than staying on 75 all the way to hwy 96,good roads all the way to Reynolds

Brad

Posts: 241 | Location: Georgia | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Last few times I went thru downtown it was a disaster . 42 is ok but curvy and hilly to me . Be certain to watch for deer either way

Posts: 1232 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you are taking 65 to 20 get off at the Carrollton exit go south Hwy27 t0 166 thi turns into Ga 16 stay on it thru Newman and Griffin it brings you out 45 miles south of Atlanta then tak 75 South . I run this route all the time . If you are pulling a trailer the interstate is better .

Posts: 27 | Location: Athens Al | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^this^^^^^

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRB Motorsports:
quote:

^^^^^this^^^^^

That’s the route I programmed into my GPS. Leaving late Tuesday night and hope to be in Atlanta area by early Wed afternoon.