DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Compulink at Dallas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compulink at Dallas
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Porta- Tree, I noticed it when Wilkerson/ Hartman broke the Fuel Altered record in Dallas.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ain't nothing a few Scotchloks and wire nuts won't fix.

Posts: 520 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I worked with Bob when we installed the Compulink system at Coos Bay. We did the wiring to his spec's. As a person who has worked in Electronics for my whole career I questioned why he wanted things done in a certain way more than once as we did all of the site prep and wiring installation before he got to the track.

Once we started installing everything it became clear that there were proprietary requirements of his system that he did not release to the general public.

I was at one Bracket Finals in Seattle where Jeff Foster spent many hours getting a Compulink system connected up and working with their existing wiring for a different timing system.

As long as whoever is putting it all together is familiar with the Compulink system it should be fine. If not, well that's going to be long learning experience.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
"NHRA, on September 30, 2021 made the decision to re-install the Compulink, using the existing wiring," Brockmeyer explained. "Compulink has repeatedly informed NHRA of the potential errors that could be produced with such a setup. Purportedly, non-Compulink personnel are going to attempt the re-install, being totally unaware of all the details needed to ensure the perfect race Compulink has delivered for decades. This attempt is not advised or authorized By Compulink."

TRANSLATION: "I tried to blackmail the NHRA into paying me a ridiculous fee to re-wire and provide support staff, and they told me to go kick rocks."

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I wish I was there to give report. But I broke last weekend in Oklahoma and had to withdraw Monday. I heard about this last weekend. NHRA has their own Compulink system that they travel with. The race will go on. It is was it is.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
So whats the excuse for the bs that happened at Charlotte? Compulink was a problem at Ennis before and obviously they felt it was problematic enough they needed to change.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of MadMax4040
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Hughes:
So whats the excuse for the bs that happened at Charlotte? Compulink was a problem at Ennis before and obviously they felt it was problematic enough they needed to change.

The DOS system went out in the 80's, someone has missed that memo for 30 years.

The details I got last year before the CP race in October 2020 was Porta-tree installed but didn't touch the comp-u-link setup and that it was all setup as a plug-and-play between the two systems for the NHRA races. Apparently not by some people's standards.

Posts: 27 | Location: Frisco, Tx | Registered: February 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The Porta-Tree “tree” was in a storage shed by the staging lanes. I saw it several times while I was there. The Compulink system they were using seemed to work just fine although I did have to roll some more delay in to keep from redlighting although even that doesn’t help if you’re a dumb a-z-z like me and flinch off the button. LOL

We’ll try it again in Tucson next weekend.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I didnt have or hear about any issues with the timing system this weekend and that includes the Shootout race on Tuesday

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
TRANSLATION: "I tried to blackmail the NHRA into paying me a ridiculous fee to re-wire and provide support staff, and they told me to go kick rocks."

Bingo

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Cruz Pedregon goes .356 in Bristol.

What a pass.

And no time for Cameron Ferre either in Top Fuel.

I didn't hear of issues like this in Dallas.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
They said on tv that something blew through the lights. Did that happen 3 times. They had 3 reruns in stock eliminator because of tree malfunctions. LB3A.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Brittany Force runs 3.53?
Yea,sure.
Has any Top Fuel car ever ran less than . 4 seconds from 1/8 to 1000ft?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 442OLDS,