DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Trivia question for May 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trivia question for May 17
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Today is another two-part question.

[A] who is generally credited for conceiving ET bracket Racing?

[B] where was the first bracket race contested?

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
not sure

Ron Leak
Byron dragway

Posts: 62 | Location: Larwill,In | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
We raced our sedan delivery I/SA at York. Pa. in 1966 or 1967 and they ran what they called "dial your own" and it was basically just like what became regular bracket racing....

Around 1973 my local track ran a form of bracket racing with 1 second brackets and breakout rules

10,11,12,13 and so on up to around 18 or slower

Winners of each 1 second bracket ran off for an overall winner...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pappy Parker--I forget the California track, Maybe Lyons

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ferd is the winner! Good job Fern.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Alright Fern

clapping

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post