DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Replacing interior Trailer lights.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacing interior Trailer lights.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted
I am looking to replace the 3 4' fluorescent light fixtures in the trailer. I tried just doing the bulbs to LED but they come on for 10 sec then go back out. Does anyone know the best place to look for these ?

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I bought a few of these for work.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077FKJYMB/ref=dp_cerb_3

I purchased similar for my basement and garage from Costco. They are linkable and work great. Hell, I even mounted them on the garage doors so when the door was up, I still had light. lol

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 735 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MorgretNation:
I am looking to replace the 3 4' fluorescent light fixtures in the trailer. I tried just doing the bulbs to LED but they come on for 10 sec then go back out. Does anyone know the best place to look for these ?

Did you take the ballasts out or leave them in? The last set of bulbs I helped someone do we had to take the ballasts out.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Will this bolt right in without any hassles replacing the old fixtures?

Don Kennedy

Posts: 395 | Location: TN | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
The old lights have electronic ballests. I just left those in. Am i supposed to take them out?

quote:
Originally posted by 369dragster:
quote:
Originally posted by MorgretNation:

Did you take the ballasts out or leave them in? The last set of bulbs I helped someone do we had to take the ballasts out.

Posts: 185 | Location: Hagerstown | Registered: September 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
I looked at them. At least on my trailer It doesn't look like it would be a difficult job. Although every other time I say that it ends up being a catastrophe.

quote:
Originally posted by Don Kennedy:
Will this bolt right in without any hassles replacing the old fixtures?

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I converted my shop 8'HD florescent to LED and eliminated the ballasts as per the instructions that came with them. I bought them on Amazon came in a pack of 12. In my trailer I used 3 four foot LED fixtures from Costco, I thing they are Feit brand. They have a cord and plug on them so I wired my trailer so they just plug into an outlet at the roof line, my trsiler has surface mounted 100v in conduit.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I bought complete LED fixtures from Costco. 6 were less than $100 and I took down the old ones, wired in the new ones and it was over. They work fine.....

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
all you need I the bulbs. some require you to remove the old ballast and some do not. I just left mine in place and wired around them. easy to do

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1513 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I got 6 of these on sale for $19.95 each … they worked great plug and play...5,000 lum they only weight 1.75 lbs

https://www.harborfreight.com/...hop-light-64410.html

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I converter some lights at home and I always buy the tubes that eliminate the ballast so when a light quits you know it’s the tube.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I bought complete LED fixtures from Costco. 6 were less than $100 and I took down the old ones, wired in the new ones and it was over. They work fine.....

This is what I did, except mine plug in. I tried to post the link but it's not working....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes they were plug in but I cut the plugs off and wired them direct. Turned them on and cut off the pull cable....pretty simple

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bigdrive88
posted Hide Post
Yep. I did a bunch or research last night regarding the different types of bulbs. I have a plan now. I am going to go the route of eliminating the ballast altogether.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I just installed these in mine.. A lot brighter..

Ballast Bypass 4 Ft Replacement..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post