New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bo Butner Pro Mod
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
What I think would be interesting is if someone on this site who is not as computer challenged as I am would start a poll on here as to who is going to win the race for President, either Trump or Biden.

Posts: 36 | Location: corona, ca | Registered: October 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...start a poll...

Rook, that is strictly a political thing and should be in the political section, not general discussion. The general discussion has turned political enough as is, but it is a sign of the times. Click on political section, then click on NEW in the upper left portion, then click poll and name and state your question.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD5023:
I'm a little confused as to why people think the racers are sending a message to NHRA. Those cars with the decals were simply doing what was outlined in the rules as acceptable. There wasn't exactly anything rebellious about it. I think people are overselling how much NHRA actually cares about the message as long as it's not going to negatively impact them as an organization (i.e. threaten their non-profit status or get them in hot water with the networks).

You are right they may be overselling how much NHRA cares about the message. But the fact is, the week after Bo had it on his car and NHRA outlined rules, suddenly a gaggle of pro mods and pro stocks have the message on them. Nothing encourages a racer more than telling them they can't do something. LOL.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TD5023
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Nothing encourages a racer more than telling them they can't do something. LOL.

This is true of most people in pretty much every aspect of life.

Posts: 33 | Location: Davenport, IA | Registered: April 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
the fact is, the week after Bo had it on his car and NHRA outlined rules, suddenly a gaggle of pro mods and pro stocks have the message on them.

Wrong again! some yes, but not the entire field. Fact is there were more cars that did NOT have the decal on then did.

Again... most of "the big boys and girls" weren't running them.

Politics have no place in sports.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
the fact is, the week after Bo had it on his car and NHRA outlined rules, suddenly a gaggle of pro mods and pro stocks have the message on them.

Wrong again! some yes, but not the entire field. Fact is there were more cars that did NOT have the decal on then did.

Again... most of "the big boys and girls" weren't running them.

Politics have no place in sports.

Thank goodness I didn't say that all of them did right?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Begs the question; potential new series sponsor ( CW Marcus Lemonis) is not a Trump supporter ... would this have anything to do with the Trump decals or support ??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Anyone selling the racers for trump stickers that were seen on multiple sportsman cars?

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yup, look on ebay.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinChicken:
Anyone selling the racers for trump stickers that were seen on multiple sportsman cars?
I got mine from Bo Butner's souvenir trailer in Phoenix.

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Yup, look on ebay.

I did cant seem to find them. They were sold out at the trailer.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ebay item number. 124338238511

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Ebay item number. 124338238511

Thats not the same ones

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Racing is a sport so that makes this a sports website in my opinion and yet some people say politics have no place in sports but yet they have politics as their signature on this site. I must ask where does it not become a sport?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Racing is a sport so that makes this a sports website in my opinion and yet some people say politics have no place in sports but yet they have politics as their signature on this site. I must ask where does it not become a sport?

Actually I see this as a Forum for discussion. They have many many Forums across the web for all kinds of sports that have these same conversations.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinChicken:

For you, $25 each NahNahTounge

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
I was at Indy, then to Dallas for Double Divisional then on to the Gators, now headed to St Louis. As not every car on the property had them, a large majority did. Many of the big sponsor cars had them as long as they didnt infringe on any other sponsor issues. If they did then I can assure you there were racers that wanted to but couldn't. What was more impressive was the large and I mean very large number of sportsman cars that had them at all of these events.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I was at Indy and again....there were more cars that did NOT have the decal on then did and most of "the big boys and girls" weren't running them either.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I was at Indy and again....there were more cars that did NOT have the decal on then did and most of "the big boys and girls" weren't running them either.

I was there, working with a team. You may have been there but you needed to open your eyes. Your not entirely off point but you are greatly exaggerating the counts. The big boys and girls had them more often than not if their current sponsors allowed it. Some did not allow it as they did not want a political stance. Many Many sportsman guys had them, UNTIL they ran out of merchandise!