New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bo Butner Pro Mod
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
NHRA.TV totally refused to show a clean shot of the Trump/Pence 2020 Pro Mod car as it made it's way all the way to the final.

I guess he got a sponsorship,and they refused to show a side shot.

I'm sure if it was a Biden car,it would be on the cover of National Dragster?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Shouldn’t have politics in any sport

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

That a real nice pristine view you might want to tell a 5 yo, along with the tooth fairy, but not in step with today's reality.

By the way, due to covid (read politicians) and the coin shortage, the tooth fairy has been laid off indefinitely. Seems it was racist anyhow.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:

So no politician nor racer can express a political view paid or unpaid on the side of a race car?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Go Biden & whomever!!!! Only kidding, I had to say it, LOL!

IMO, they are all POS's (Republican or Democrat) including Trump. That being said, Trump will get my vote again. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
BUT, if his sponsor was MS13 they would endlessly cover it with pictures and interviews for all four days. Welcome to........America?????

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
But if it was BLM that would be good? Right......

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3992 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
I think I prefer it if they just don't show any politics. No BLM, no presidential, nothing. I'm sick of all the stuff.
But it has to be equal. They can't show one side and not the other.

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
They did'nt pay NHRA for it ,..Duhh,

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Lucky, agreed

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been running both my cars with Trump 2020 stickers bought from Butner's souvenir trailer for a while now.Not a Butner fan but I do support Trump.If you don't like it I don't care.I'm sure some don't but many do.

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Rockingham was giving away Drag Racers for Trump bumper stickers. I have them on my own race car as well as my pickup.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Fortunately we have a little thing called the constitution in this country...within it is the first amendment guaranteeing the right of free speech...anyone who does not like it can hop a plane to Cuba anytime and they won't be bothered with free speech ever again...

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
Fortunately we have a little thing called the constitution in this country...within it is the first amendment guaranteeing the right of free speech...anyone who does not like it can hop a plane to Cuba anytime and they won't be bothered with free speech ever again...

Butner wasn’t put in jail for it, just as the Constitution states.

Maybe I need to read the NHRA.tv section of the Constitution a little closer.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe I need to read the NHRA.tv section of the Constitution a little closer.

Unfortunately, there ya go. The Constitution alledgedly protects the citizenry from the government not private business. Think there's any reason the high head count corporate stores can remain open during a pandemic but not the low head count mom n pop shops? Since we're defending the Constitution and it's amendments against the government, howabout the afro New York AG using the full force of the government to try and disband the NRA?

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
Setting all politics aside here.....from the way I understand it, this was a paid sponsorship.
What I find troublesome is the fact the NHRA is now picking and choosing what sponsors they want to show. Those sponsors don't care about the couple thousand people in the stands to see their banners on race cars. They care about the tens of thousands that will potentially see them on tv. NHRA robbed them of that! This will not go unnoticed by other future sponsors in my opinion. Getting funding for race teams just got harder.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
This will not go unnoticed by other future sponsors in my opinion. Getting funding for race teams just got harder.

That's assuming it's a fair world we live in. It just depends which side of the fence you're on. Those that support the system and those that don't, punishment and reward.

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Didn't the NHRA have a tiff with UPS and Bob Vandegriff a decade or so ago and refused to show his car going down the track?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
And, the NHRA relies on corporate sponsors to keep them in business. Anyone with the money to put their interest on the side of the car should get equal air time as the rest of the field. BLM in NASCAR got more than their fair share of time with Bubba on his top 25 car.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post