DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone else have a really bad feeling recently?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else have a really bad feeling recently?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Some great posts from the reasonable folks that I don't have on ignore.
It's funny how those who enjoy living in fantasy worlds lash out when the severity of a situation is pointed out.
No there is little we can do about the situation in Europe personally. But in the big picture, all of the things going on in my original post can be affected to some extent by careful and thoughtful voting. And even being involved to some extent with your governance. Don't be sheep!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Bucky, I think one of the biggest issues is there are still a LOT of people that have the "it won't happen here" mentality. It absolutely can, and is more likely than ever in today's world, especially with China...

I agree with taking some control at the local level, but for those that think you can fix the problem there, well, good luck....The gov has gotten way to big, way to powerful, and has way too much control for that to even matter. Either people need to see what's really going on, or they refuse to see it. Either way, we're a lot more screwed that meets the eye, and just going about your daily business and ignoring what's going on around you isn't going to keep you from becoming involved.....it will, however, determine HOW you're involved, and for many, that won't be a good thing.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
That is why I contacted the local RNC and asked what I could do to help with elections coming in Nov.. Hey if I don't try then I have very little reason to bytch and I am not giving that up.LMAO

I also loaded another 300 rnds of 7mm-08 last night. Had all the parts so why not consolidate it and take up less space in the cabinet. Yea I know stupid. Then ammo is almost like gold at times.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Fuel surcharges on freight. You haven't seen nothing yet. Is embedded in freight cost. Look out.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
I also loaded another 300 rnds of 7mm-08 last night. Had all the parts so why not consolidate it and take up less space in the cabinet. Yea I know stupid. Then ammo is almost like gold at times.

Rambo, exactly who are you preparing to shoot? FYI, Red Dawn was just a movie and not a very good one.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It's amazing the ignorance of some posters on this thread. The lack of historical knowledge and understanding leads people to make comments of " I could not care less", "it does not affect me: etc leads to the situation we are currently facing both domestically and globally. Example, In 1930 the Weimar Republic collapsed and Hitler was appointed chancellor. What lead to the collapse was brought on by many of the same problems we currently face and have been experiencing the past few years. Hyperinflation, political extremism, a breakdown of cultural values and the stock market collapse in 1929. Forward to 1933. The Reichstag Fire Decree and the Enabling act of 1933 set in motion the rise of the Nazi party and the curbing of civil liberties, such as we see from democraps and social media. Don't think it can't happen here. In 1938 Germany most all civil liberties were quashed, free speech was a thing of the past and a totalitarian state existed. My parents and uncles had heard many of the same comments of it's doesn't affect me, it's Europe's problem, etc. What we are witnessing today is DejaVu ("all over again" thanks Yogi). The tides of war are rising and it will affect you, whether you want it or not. Whether we get there or not is yet to be seen. History says we will, I hope it does not. Fast forward to today. Joe Biden is a clone of Neville Chamberlain, an ineffective, equivocating loser politician who kissed Hitlers arse through appeasement. Joe Biden with his weak, impotent response to Russian aggression is following in Chamberlains footsteps. The rest is history. I just hope we can survive 3 more years of the pos POTUS. My .02.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's amazing the ignorance of some posters on this thread. The lack of historical knowledge and understanding leads people to make comments of " I could not care less", "it does not affect me: etc leads to the situation we are currently facing both domestically and globally. Example, In 1930 the Weimar Republic collapsed and Hitler was appointed chancellor. What lead to the collapse was brought on by many of the same problems we currently face and have been experiencing the past few years. Hyperinflation, political extremism, a breakdown of cultural values and the stock market collapse in 1929. Forward to 1933. The Reichstag Fire Decree and the Enabling act of 1933 set in motion the rise of the Nazi party and the curbing of civil liberties, such as we see from democraps and social media. Don't think it can't happen here. In 1938 Germany most all civil liberties were quashed, free speech was a thing of the past and a totalitarian state existed. My parents and uncles had heard many of the same comments of it's doesn't affect me, it's Europe's problem, etc. What we are witnessing today is DejaVu ("all over again" thanks Yogi). The tides of war are rising and it will affect you, whether you want it or not. Whether we get there or not is yet to be seen. History says we will, I hope it does not. Fast forward to today. Joe Biden is a clone of Neville Chamberlain, an ineffective, equivocating loser politician who kissed Hitlers arse through appeasement. Joe Biden with his weak, impotent response to Russian aggression is following in Chamberlains footsteps. The rest is history. I just hope we can survive 3 more years of the pos POTUS. My .02.

Your .02 just became .04, I fully agree!

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
How is this going to effect the US?

How long before the Democrats start shipping in more refugees into our nation from eastern Europe?
How many will be vetted?
How many will be "refugees" that are not Ukrainian?
How many more will make their way to our southern border?
How many more will YOU be paying for?

Our nation is being invaded every day without a shot being fired. Thank your Democrat buddies that say they are "Saving Democracy"

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I am praying that Ted Cruz and Rand Paul make something big happen.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Now we have self appointed historical scholars posting. Roll Eyes

Again, nothing that I can do, don’t give even 1 fuc and my life will not be effected by one bullet, one tank shell or one missile fired up Ukraine.

Racing in 49 days! Dancing Cat

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Democrats dressed in conservative costumes - Modern day republicans.

You're a costume away from being referred to by the dumbed down public, as a conservative.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
How is this going to effect the US?

How long before the Democrats start shipping in more refugees into our nation from eastern Europe?
How many will be vetted?
How many will be "refugees" that are not Ukrainian?
How many more will make their way to our southern border?
How many more will YOU be paying for?

Our nation is being invaded every day without a shot being fired. Thank your Democrat buddies that say they are "Saving Democracy"

Democrats have proven time and time again that they don't like Americans. They don't like working Americans. They don't like Black Americans. They don't like Christian Americans, and they aren't even that fond of heterosexual Americans. And they sure as hell don't like gun owing Americans. So they have a steady stream of imports that are less likely to push back.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Now we have self appointed historical scholars posting. Roll Eyes

Again, nothing that I can do, don’t give even 1 fuc and my life will not be effected by one bullet, one tank shell or one missile fired up Ukraine.

Racing in 49 days! Dancing Cat

Changing the narative like a good Democrat. It isn't all about Ukraine. Very little of it is. Nice try though.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike you posted something about where is the republican leadership? They are busy getting re elected and wealthy in many cases. Washington is poison, and few don't take a drink. they say what we want to hear in order to stay in power.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Mike you posted something about where is the republican leadership? They are busy getting re elected and wealthy in many cases. Washington is poison, and few don't take a drink. they say what we want to hear in order to stay in power.

Well that makes it all a work, or a con.

It's all show biz for the public.

Anyone who hasn't figured out we've all been watching a scripted theater over the last few years, is pretty fk'n dense.

It's all a work, or con.

WWE they call it a work.

Whichever you prefer will suffice.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's more entertaining to be a spectator of the con, than it is to be its subject.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Changing the narative like a good Democrat. It isn't all about Ukraine.

It’s not huh? This is YOUR opening statement..
quote:
Recent issues in Russia/Ukrane, and our odd responses nationally.

So stop your bullshyt!

FYI, I’ve donated thousands of dollars to the RNC and the Trump campaign and YOU….NOTHING, you just babble on a meaningless internet message board!

Where’s Rambo? Laughing very hard

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:

Rambo, exactly who are you preparing to shoot? FYI, Red Dawn was just a movie and not a very good one.

A couple rounds into your cranium would concern me none.

And the world would be a better place for it, as to which I'm sure the majority would agree.

When you coming to Florida for your beating, any date yet? Or were you bluffing again? Confused

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
You legions of fans at YB feel the sane about you.

Never said I was coming to Florida and you ain’t got the skills to beat me in or out of your shyt box.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
You legions of fans at YB feel the sane about you.

Never said I was coming to Florida and you ain’t got the skills to beat me in or out of your shyt box.

You were bluffing as usual.

Come on down to find out, I'll have the 8" wide tires on it just for you, to make it fair.