DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone else have a really bad feeling recently?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else have a really bad feeling recently?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Vlad makes some valid points. I guess when he was referencing the possibility of Russia threatening the USA he was reluctant to mention the Cuban Missile Crisis. But we all know what our response was to that.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
And 60 years later Cuba motors on regardless of sanctions.

We sanction Russia yet keep their oil coming here and to Europe? I have noticed how much this has slowed Putin down.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
And 60 years later Cuba motors on regardless of sanctions.

We sanction Russia yet keep their oil coming here and to Europe? I have noticed how much this has slowed Putin down.

We're gonna sanction our way out of the worlds currency eventually.

The only reason it's the worlds currency, is because people around the globe CHOOSE to use it.

They can also CHOOSE not to use it, if we abuse that power, throwing our weight around.

Don't think for a minute china & russia don't / won't intend to undermine that position if we don't respect our position, in the eyes ofthe world.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Russia seems to understand better than we do.

Flattening other country's is a bad idea.

That's not good in the grand scheme of things.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
AND
...if we abuse that power, throwing our weight around.

You can rest assured the USD has had it's skids greased as far as remaining the world currency. When the dollar is no longer the worlds currency we will immediately become a poor also ran European country equivalent. Then, others will deal with us as harshly as we have dealt with others. Sanctions, money printing, etc., etc., etc.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
AND

You can rest assured the USD has had it's skids greased as far as remaining the world currency. When the dollar is no longer the worlds currency we will immediately become a poor also ran European country equivalent. Then, others will deal with us as harshly as we have dealt with others. Sanctions, money printing, etc., etc., etc.

Unless it is possible to get back to what the founders of this country intended.

Sovereignty - wealthy republic - self sustaining

I'm not sure if it's possible, rich & poor have proven they have no allegiance.

That's what it would take 100% allegiance.

I don't think it's possible.

Honesty would have to be profitable and not conology.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
D-a-m-n Mike, you think hitting folks with reason and logic will be heard? Not likley.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Bla bla bla
Cycled 18,500 miles last year. 1,200 hours of smiles with friends. Just treated myself to a new hot rod.
So sad to see some confused about things they can control and the truth and facts.

https://www.canyon.com/en-us/r...-slx-9-di2/3369.html

10 grand for a frame produced in Taiwan?

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
Bla bla bla
Cycled 18,500 miles last year. 1,200 hours of smiles with friends. Just treated myself to a new hot rod.
So sad to see some confused about things they can control and the truth and facts.

Perhaps next year he can say it was made in China.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
Bla bla bla

Perhaps next year he can say it was made in China.

It looks like you may be right....

The Chinese government warned Saturday against foreign interference in its relations with Taiwan as it released a new report pledging to resolve the issue of Taiwanese independence "in the modern era."

The issue of Taiwanese independence has long put China at odds with many Western nations, as China considers Taiwan to be part of its nation—staunchly opposing any independence movements. Taiwanese leaders, however, consider the island to be its own country, making the relationship between the two all the more difficult.

During remarks at the opening of China's parliament meeting, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang stood by the "One China" principle, which states that Taiwan is part of a unified China.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-question/ar-AAUER9N

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dont worry,Kamala is going to Poland and straiten things out,

Posts: 1015 | Location: LIVERMORE CA. | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
AND

Absolutely True and that is one thing Russia and China are working together on.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
quote:
AND

Absolutely True and that is one thing Russia and China are working together on.

Not really, russia has a tiny economy, why would china team with russia on a worlds currency, they wouldn't.

russia is more like a proxy of china's, like North Korea.

russia doesn't trust the chinese, they know all about communist dictatorships.

They're using each other, neither one cares.

Who to watch is the saudi's. Watch the saudi's (opec).

*Supposedly* the rich have left the US for their shelters.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
The Canyon Carbon Fiber frame is made in Taiwan but designed in Germany. Taiwan makes 99% of all top shelf carbon fiber frames. Very good quality The frame is maybe 15% of the bike cost. The R9200 Shimano 12 speed semi-wireless Di2 group set is made in Japan. About 75% of the bike cost. Everything else is from various European countries. I love bikes and cycling and the folks that share the passion.
I’ve volunteered at a local bike shop sense I retired, refurbishing kids bikes for local kids that can’t afford new. I’ve refurbished 1000’s of bikes over 4 years. Don’t hold back and run that down too Transwomman. 100% of the donated bikes are made in China. It’s sad Americans lost that industry, but you can’t stop greedy suits from selling out and that’s exactly what happened.
Have at it

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12172 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Canyon Carbon Fiber frame is made in Taiwan but designed in Germany. Taiwan makes 99% of all top shelf carbon fiber frames. Very good quality The frame is maybe 15% of the bike cost. The R9200 Shimano 12 speed semi-wireless Di2 group set is made in Japan. About 75% of the bike cost. Everything else is from various European countries. I love bikes and cycling and the folks that share the passion.
I’ve volunteered at a local bike shop sense I retired, refurbishing kids bikes for local kids that can’t afford new. I’ve refurbished 1000’s of bikes over 4 years. Don’t hold back and run that down too Transwomman. 100% of the donated bikes are made in China. It’s sad Americans lost that industry, but you can’t stop greedy suits from selling out and that’s exactly what happened.
Have at it

It appears you missed the entire point, which was not running you down nor anything you do or choose to buy.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
It appears you missed the entire point, which was not running you down nor anything you do or choose to buy.

Not at all. I read your post Ben and responded to it. My second note was only added after reading the expected criticism.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12172 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
While you may be right that Russia has a rather small economy they are a World power and have Nuclear weapons. Seems like they said the whole economy of Russia is about same as Texas yet they have a huge land mass and great resources,gas, oil, nukes etc. So they have a lot of power on International stage.

THEY ARE WORKING WITH CHINA against America on some things and want to replace the Dollar as World currency. That would help them both and hurt us terribly. As China becomes more and more powerful and as their economy grows it becomes a more likely possibility. Russia and China may not trust each other but they are not arch enemies and will work together if it benefits them both.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4011 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Sunday morning and the chicken littles are at it again. Go to church ladies and pray, maybe god will hear your prayers because he ain’t heard the Ukrainian’s prayers Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^ Says the Head Chicken Little Loser, climb into one of your race cars & win. You can't, you're scared.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post