New
Find
Notify
Tools

2022 NHRA
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Well, this season looks like it will be interesting. Maybe even fun once again.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4453 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Well, this season looks like it will be interesting. Maybe even fun once again.

OK imakehp, are you going to elaborate why this season will be interesting?

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well, all the shuffling of crews and crew chiefs for one. There are only a few 2 car teams and several new cars/drivers. Tony Stewart and John Force may have a couple of "discussions" during the season. Tony Stewart and his wife may have some "discussions" thru the ups and downs of this race season. IF the marriage itself even survives the season.
The Schumacher vs Force vs whoever's left boring story appears to be over.
I just liked what I saw so far ..... so it might just be interesting or at least fun this year....
No big deal....and I could be wrong...But I can hope

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4453 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for elaborating, I guess I don't pay much attention to that crap anymore. Guess I like my little Duck Pond!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If there was some more television coverage of Stock, Super Stock, and Comp, that would increase my own interest. Whatever the TF and Fuel FC folks are doing doesn't do much for me. But I know that is not about to change. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree about the Sportsman coverage and the lack of it.
But back to the original post,it does seem like it will be an interesting season so far.
I know it is only the first race of the year,but full professional fields and a lot of competitive entries.
I'm really surprised in this economy that the professional drag racing world is doing so well,although the crowd seemed a little thin yesterday.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
I agree about the Sportsman coverage and the lack of it.
But back to the original post,it does seem like it will be an interesting season so far.
I know it is only the first race of the year,but full professional fields and a lot of competitive entries.
I'm really surprised in this economy that the professional drag racing world is doing so well,although the crowd seemed a little thin yesterday.

Not to make it political....but not everything about the economy is in the dumper. Workers are in demand. The cost of everything is putting a damper on disposable income for sure. But there is a limited amount of things to buy due to the supply chain being a disaster. May as well spectate a drag race.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post