DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Curly1’s new shop
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Curly1’s new shop
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Beautiful shop Bruce!!!

B10456-AE-82-AD-49-DE-8-AEF-77-CFF7-B06724

Not sure about the plastic Firebird though Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
hilarious

ep-shop is sweet

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Nice shop Curly, guess you invited the #1 Loser B1tch & his Firechicken over for dinner. Laughing very hard

2BKing Big Grin

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2504 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Daaaum !!!

Not happenin in one million years... Holy Moly

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Who put that pile of excrement Firebird in my shop? Looks like some cheap Photoshop and that junk will never be in my shop.

That is my shop and it is far from finished but making some progress. Next week working on putting lights up. Just have a few temporary lights now.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3980 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very nice shop curly. Fix the oil leaks on that firebird before it drips on your nice floor!!!!

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
With way too much room it looks like you will need more cars. Nice shop.

Hell I would never find my tools they would all be at other end of shop were I laid them down when doing something else. I need them all in one pile on bench or under car. Thats only way I know.
Enjoy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4172 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
With way too much room it looks like you will need more cars. Nice shop.

Hell I would never find my tools they would all be at other end of shop were I laid them down when doing something else. I need them all in one pile on bench or under car. Thats only way I know.
Enjoy.

Thank you, it is 6,000 Sq. ft air conditioned and heated. 16' x 100' covered car port to park my truck and trailer. I still have a long way to go before I have it like I want it. Some people have asked more about it.
I have 80 feet of shelving on the East wall and 60 electrical outlets on that one wall alone. That is my work stations. Each one bottom shelf is 7 foot tall and will be set up for certain jobs. I put my table saws, cut off saws etc on a wooden frame so I can use pallet jack to pull them out to work with. Rest of time they are stored under one of the shelves. One station is for clean work, one for my gun reloading, one is dirty work, Sander, Drill press, bench grinder band saw etc. It has taken a long time because I am sanding and painting all of my work benches and shelving gloss white to brighten shop and give it a clean look. Right now they are mostly used for storing tools to build my shop and house but I am making progress.
I have a hoist to pull motors and scale to weigh them as I do.
One section will be for hand tools only basically filled up with tool box. Right now I am leaning towards the Moduline system.
Also going to get a 4 post car lift so I can put two cars in space of one and save floor space.
For air compressor I have a 6000 PSI SCUBA compressor that will fill 3 of the 444 Cu Ft tanks and then regulated down to 150 PSI and goes into a large shop air tank with safety valves. I have four large air hose reels and lines on East wall so there is a huge volume of good, clean, dry air and lines will reach any where in shop. Also have one hose reel under car port for trailer or what ever. Made little racks there for air chucks by the hose reels for air chucks, gauges etc.
I am going to try really hard to set it up so there is a place for every tool, clean and organized. Right now it is a mess because I am still in construction mode and not set up/ organization mode. Maybe you can picture finished project. And I have to get back to work on my cars, got torn down for off season freshen. Lots of stuff going on.
So there is an update on my just another White Shop.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3980 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
This is my dirty work area.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Here is shelving / work areas I am building in. Right now full of junk. Also lights are not done so most of what you see there is temporary stuff. I will also be building in a dog house under that stairs so hopefully my dog will not drag all that junk out every day. Need a lot more room for trophy wall.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Goals!

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1614 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So this is just another white shop thread?

Posts: 4172 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Goals!

It is far from finished but I am making progress. Will post more as it comes along. Most everything has turned out like I wanted. This is first one I have built and after the fact there is a few things I would do different but overall it is going to work.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
This is my dirty work area.

You really need a new dictionary if you call that dirty work area.LOL

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Lol, right now my "Dirty area" is one of cleanest simply because I did it first because I need it to finish other projects. I am making metal railing for the upstairs of the shop and the stairs going up there. So I chose to do that area first. That is where I will cut metal, Drill, grind, weld, etc.

I have 2 -40 foot Storage Containers outside and one will be used for painting, and sandblasting. The other will be used for storage.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Way nicer with the four legged kid in pic tha first pic, Increased value of place ten fold.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Lol, I was not the one who replaced a good dog with the white junk in the first picture.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
So cool.
I'm thinking of building a drop down set of stairs for my upper floor, it's getting to be too much for me to carry stuff up a ladder, but I don't want to sacrifice floor space.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1614 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Kind of enjoying designing and building it and doing a lot of it myself. I had no experience with building anything like this and it has been a learning experience and a challenge at times. One thing I felt was important is to pay cash for everything with no loans. So right now I do not owe anything except utilities. At this point in my life taking it easy and doing what I want.

Like someone told me in a message:
"Not bad for a Broke Dyck aint got shyt aint done shyt."

Of course I am sure it is nothing like Little Ed's shop. It may not be much but it is mine and it is paid for.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Of course I am sure it is nothing like Little Ed's shop. It may not be much but it is mine and it is paid for.

He doesn’t even HAVE a shop…pays to use Numidias!

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post