DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Curly1’s new shop
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Curly1’s new shop
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Of course I am sure it is nothing like Little Ed's shop. It may not be much but it is mine and it is paid for.

He doesn’t even HAVE a shop…pays to use Numidias!

What?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
BS, you saying he does not even have a shop? You got to be kidding me. You are bullshyttyng right? How about a little Mini Man Cave? Biocth Barn? Nothing?

Guy who talks trash about everyone not having Shyt, done Shyt and he does not even have a shop?

No wonder his trailer looks like Beverly F-ing Hillbillies so full of junk you can not even walk around in there.

Maybe he should consider his poor life choices and work on his priorities and worry a little less about others. Like it is none of his business how much BKing spends on his new truck and trailer or demanding to see someones invoice on their new truck like it is any of his business.

Wow! unbelievable.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Beautiful shop!!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think there's some leaked pm's in play here LoL!!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This is our humble shop 20'x 30'something with an additional 19' x 20' car port off the back wall. While it's nothing like Curly's shop, it's what I have. Plenty of racers have come over & would like to have something similar. They're working out of their garage & some out of their trailers. I'm grateful for what I have. Plus, I have a 10' x 20' well house; that's mainly used for spare shelving, parts, rims/tires, quad, scooter & whatever else. It's packed in like the Beverly Hillbillies, like ED's trailer.

Now, I can just have two cars in the shop & no trailers. They all go in the back addition. We are running 220 t the shop & the big compressor will go on the back wall of the car port.

Hopefully sometime in the near future, a lift will be going in. No room for it now with building the B-Car.

The new trailer is getting parked on the North side of the shop, until we figure out if we want to build storage for it.

2BKING Big Grin I'm grateful for what I have.

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2539 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Beautiful shop!!

Thank you Sir, It has been a job and I made some mistakes in hindsight would do a few things different. First time I ever built anything like this so it has been a learning experience. My last shop was industrial 5000 sq ft deal and it was okay but hard to get in and out of with truck and trailer. And the security there was not great.
Now I have been able to build it more to suit my needs.

There was a cool thread some where here I can not find now that had good shop ideas. Those were some things that inspired me. Like to find that thread again.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
B King, here is something you may consider. I bought two of the 40 storage containers for right around $10,000 new. Part of the reason they were that expensive is because they were new and one has doors on both ends so I can pull a car or what ever all the way through. I used them for storage until my shop was closer to finished. Here you can see part of my car port and containers. I could probably store 4 cars in them and all kinds of junk. After my shop is complete I will use one for storage and one for welding, sandlblasting, painting etc. Stuff that I do not want to do in my shop. Much further down the road I am going to put some metal panels up from the side of my car port down to the containers to protect my stuff on carport from all the sun, wind, rain, hail etc. If it is really cold and snowing or something like that put it in my shop.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I was going to put a carport alongside my shop for the new trailer but don't have the room on the Northside. I have plenty of room on the south side, but I don't want any of the shop or racing support stuff behind the house. I have considered a storage container, but running out of space on the Northside of my property.

It really is a nice set-up you have!

2BKING

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2539 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
You have to work with the room you have available. I was blessed in that I was able to start from clean slate and do it like I want with plenty of room. Also that my girlfriend liked my plans for most part so I did not get much trouble there. She wanted a few minor changes but that was it. So I got to have fun with it and do it like I wanted. I have the structure up and now will have to spend a bunch of time to get it all organized and cleaned up. This property suits my needs quite well so I feel blessed to have it.

I did not design and build this place to impress anyone in fact for security reasons I would have just as soon nobody knew about it. I built it for me and my GF to live quietly out in country playing with race cars and watching the Deer. But now that it is out there for everyone to see and I hope it helps someone with some ideas for their shop.

I do not like the little juvenile petty games a few play like their junk is better than everyone else's and I do not like getting pulled into that game to defend myself. The stupid direction this web site has stooped to. While I am proud of my shop it really is not anyone's business. Same with my cars and my GF.

Still looking for ideas on organizing my tools here so if you have any ideas please post them here. Organization is NOT my specialty and one of the things I want to improve on.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
quote:

Of course I am sure it is nothing like Little Ed's shop. It may not be much but it is mine and it is paid for.

He doesn’t even HAVE a shop…pays to use Numidias!

Whaaaaa????
So you're saying that "best engineered" award winner really is another cookie cutter store bought piece? Eek

Wow, what a sense of accomplishment that must be. Roll Eyes

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1638 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Truth hurts sometimes. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Holy Shyt Curly ,What an awesome shop !!!! Congrats on building what you wanted and sticking to the plan !!
When it comes to shops and storage my motto is always never enough, but I think you got that covered Not worthy

Posts: 1421 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HS professor:
Holy Shyt Curly ,What an awesome shop !!!! Congrats on building what you wanted and sticking to the plan !!
When it comes to shops and storage my motto is always never enough, but I think you got that covered Not worthy

Thank you Sir, Honestly organization is not my strong point and I felt it was time to get it right. Far from finished but I am far enough along that I can dedicate more time and money to my cars now.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
So cool.
I'm thinking of building a drop down set of stairs for my upper floor, it's getting to be too much for me to carry stuff up a ladder, but I don't want to sacrifice floor space.

Goob, look on youtube there are several fairly easy to DIY elevators for your house. Check it out pretty cheap and may work for you.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Still looking for ideas on organizing my tools here so if you have any ideas please post them here. Organization is NOT my specialty and one of the things I want to improve on.

In the aircraft industry we use tool shadowing for our roll around toolboxes/stationary toolboxes to give a couple examples. We have to have strict tool accountability & this does it, with other measures to go along with. The 1st photo shows an example of one drawer. The black foam is cut for the tool & underneath is a contrasting color like blue or yellow. That way when a tool is missing, it stands out as being gone. I have done this with my track box, but now with the new trailer I switched to using a triangle box. I'm still trying to get used to this box, not sold on it yet. The 2nd photo is the triangle box.

If I remember I'll snap a photo of another method, I use in one of my small roll around cabinets.

2BKing Wink

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:

In the aircraft industry we use tool shadowing for our roll around toolboxes/stationary toolboxes to give a couple examples. We have to have strict tool accountability & this does it, with other measures to go along with. The 1st photo shows an example of one drawer. The black foam is cut for the tool & underneath is a contrasting color like blue or yellow. That way when a tool is missing, it stands out as being gone. I have done this with my track box, but now with the new trailer I switched to using a triangle box. I'm still trying to get used to this box, not sold on it yet. The 2nd photo is the triangle box.

If I remember I'll snap a photo of another method, I use in one of my small roll around cabinets.

2BKing Wink

Nice, I am looking for any good organization ideas I can.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So my my 30 x 30 shop not shyt. Funny how all the not shyt, don't have shyt and ain't shyt folks have a shop even if not the Bada$$ shop like Curly has.

Guess when you broke dyck and can not buy everything built for you .YOU need a place to actually work on cars. Never know when a motor might break.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
So my my 30 x 30 shop not shyt. Funny how all the not shyt, don't have shyt and ain't shyt folks have a shop even if not the Bada$$ shop like Curly has.

Guess when you broke dyck and can not buy everything built for you .YOU need a place to actually work on cars. Never know when a motor might break.

My little 30 x 60 got real small, real quick, with all the broke dyck junk I don't have. Roll Eyes

Plus, I don't just run to dealership for oil changes, and special "American made" Chinese GM parts. Laughing Hard

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1638 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:

Do not let him bother you, he is nobody and we are not impressed. He is a small bitter man with psychological issues. You would be bitter to if you were in his little shoes.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Cheap entertainment. Wink
SL knows. Cool

Dave Cook
N375