DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Drag strips to reopen
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drag strips to reopen
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
Alabama Commission stated May 1st Friday Race tracks can reopen 35% capacity. I read this from another forum. I would check your track 1st. But I got this from someone I trust.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Potentially good news. Question? How do you determine what is 35% capacity? Will the cops be doing a count at the gate? What about the 6' social distance suggestion? Just asking.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Here is the story, I believe the governor needs to approve the recommendations first but it is definitely a positive sign

http://dragcoverage.com/alabam...kwwH0c3zpyjgaW_O4DAI

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Ya, who knows, Maybe it will be starting at the car count. Great news ..

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
More states need to follow suite with them on this, and not just race the track thing.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I do not know about this. I think many tracks would be losing money if they only had 35% capacity.
We need to get back to normal as soon as possible.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3992 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
With only 35% they may need to raise the charges. I know here they had a private track rental with only 5 cars . All needed to park 100 feet apart in the pits and not to get out of there cars in the lanes. I believe 3 has no crew members and only 1 track personal.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
With only 35% they may need to raise the charges. I know here they had a private track rental with only 5 cars . All needed to park 100 feet apart in the pits and not to get out of there cars in the lanes. I believe 3 has no crew members and only 1 track personal.

I don't know all the details or clue what it cost but Houston raceway park had a private test this week with 10 cars. Track must of been good, a Hemi TD went 6.100 at 244 mph

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
35% capacity should be no problem for most tracks, well maybe til the 1st couple weeks, but how many tracks even know what the "track capacity" is ?

I'm guessing call the county and find out??

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
So many people per acre? Super easy at all tracks.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 2893 S/G
posted Hide Post
There were at least 3 drag strips in SC that were approved late this week to hold 30 car Tests starting today. There were some stipulations, measuring everyone’s temperature, no more than 5 crew people, social distancing with special parking, etc. I wished I put the bracket car back together earlier this week. Didn’t think there would be a chance we could run this week. Everyone stay safe and enjoy yourselves.

Posts: 5 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: July 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Big Steve thats where I got my info.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
Anything is better than nothing. I hope to see all the tracks open soon.
I am dying to go racing, but even if I can't race every weekend, I plan on going and buying a spectator ticket, go to the snack bar, and basically just support the tracks.

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I do not know about this. I think many tracks would be losing money if they only had 35% capacity.

Curly1, 35% of total capacity of the entire grounds. I.e. Summit Motorsports Park can seat 30,000 people so 35% of that would be 10,500 people

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
This is absurd.
What kind of business,any business, can stay profitable at 35% capacity?
By now everyone knows about enhanced hygiene and will choose to take the calculated risk or not.
Who are these Governors to make that choice for us?

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BarneyB:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Curly1, 35% of total capacity of the entire grounds. I.e. Summit Motorsports Park can seat 30,000 people so 35% of that would be 10,500 people

Seems like the right way to figure it to me.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Rockingham and Darlington have events scheduled starting in May.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Piedmont scheduled 1st of May,but doing limited T-N-T as of 4-15. About time.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
How many times have you seen 35% capacity at a regular bracket race? Look in the stands. maybe 30 people.