Find
Notify
Tools

hard to believe
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Just got home from dentist office. It is hard to believe you can fit a new set of rods(billet mgp),set of pistons and new rings into the space of one tooth. Root canal and cap $2600. Damn my last root canal was $700,yea that was 30 years ago.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The cost is staggering anymore. And a lot of dentists won't do them. Mine wouldn't even extract a tooth.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Over the years I have found it impossible to find a competent family dentist. As the economy continues to tighten people will only have done what is absolutely necessary. I hope a lot of these oral-outlaws find it impossible to make a living.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
Over the years I have found it impossible to find a competent family dentist. As the economy continues to tighten people will only have done what is absolutely necessary. I hope a lot of these oral-outlaws find it impossible to make a living.

The better your teeth, the longer you live.

Living long doesn't appear to be in the plans of the social engineers, for you, if you hadn't noticed.

You're eating their steaks, and using their gasoline.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Is that the cash price?

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
My wife covered 4 dentists appointments for years and did the insurance claims. Money is astronomical! Especially now. You should look over your bill because they are good at posting procedures they didn’t do!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4495 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Is that the cash price?[/QUOTE

]cash price or 1000 insurance and 1400 my part. No difference in the bottom line. Even on a good job, I have two weeks to cover it and hell I am a general contractor and the boss. Will boss of two others.LOL

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Some dentists are dirty crooks. If they can get fillings in your mouth they guarantee and income for rest of your life. The fillings will eventually crack or chip and must be replaced and then after a few replacements the tooth is so thin it will crack and have to be capped or pulled.
Scam and ripp off.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4008 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow you guys are getting ripped off. But you're partly to blame. I have a dental plan that I pay for 21.50 a month. Just got a crown done last week, cost me 325.00 out of pocket.

Posts: 193 | Location: ohio | Registered: July 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
wifes dental plan pays max 1k. Thinking about personal one and abusing both.LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I have to have a tooth with a crown extracted. Dentist won't do it. Have to go to an oral surgeon. Then back to the dentist for a bridge. $3300.00. I haven't seen the oral surgeon yet so I don't know how much he will be. I don't have dental insurance. All out of pocket. I do use CareCredit so it gives me 6 months to pay with no interest.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
I have to have a tooth with a crown extracted. Dentist won't do it. Have to go to an oral surgeon. Then back to the dentist for a bridge. $3300.00. I haven't seen the oral surgeon yet so I don't know how much he will be. I don't have dental insurance. All out of pocket. I do use CareCredit so it gives me 6 months to pay with no interest.

have you looked into implants?

Posts: 79 | Location: myrtle point ore | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
He is not looking to get man boobs. That position has been taken.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I went to the dentist a while back for just a cleaning. They walked me back to the x-ray machine. I said I’m just here for a cleaning. I got a lot of grief and was constantly harassed to get the “yearly” x-rays. I politely refused and told them I don’t have any issues and didn’t want any unneeded radiation because cancer is a *****. I didn’t bring up the fact that they are also milking the insurance companies. After the cleaning the head honcho dentist came in trying to scare me into more x-rays. I simply said I don’t want them because I don’t want any unneeded radiation. As we walked out to the front desk he told me never to come back. I was fired as a customer from the dentist office. What that experience told me was they make more money milking the insurance companies than any single customer could ever pay them. It’s a racket. That MFer should be in jail for fraud!

Posts: 8 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: January 17, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post