DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Trillions wasted on pork projects?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trillions wasted on pork projects?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
How come some of it can not be used for wildfires and border? Does not make any sense.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You're doomed if you expect it to make "sense". The short answer is campaign contributors payback (exponentially) and graft. Really is that simple.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
It's called quid pro quo. It used to be illegal to bribe a politician now you just contribute to their campaign fund and they pay you back.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Floyd you need to run for governor out there Smile You have seen enough to know what really goes on out there clapping

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Where is my payback? I contributed in last election. Oh wait you have to contribute to the side that steals the election?

Is anybody surprised by the fat in a trillion dollar bill? Heck they have tons sitting there waiting to be picked by those who passed the Covid relief BS. How the hell else are you going to be worth tens of millions while earning 180k per year?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
It's all a blatant money laundering scheme, that's why the R's and D's can always agree on stupid spending.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1654 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The people of the USA will be alot better off once they realize that NONE of these politicians are for the people.

This is why R's vote for D policy and vise versa. That's why they always flip flop depending on what the majority in the room wants.

A little over 500 people run 350 million peoples lives. We're all in a jail without bars. Although I will agree this jail is much nicer than any other country.

I love my country, its the government I'm afraid of.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
And this is why they don't want Trump......both sides. He doesn't play by their rules. My wife and I don't watch news anymore because it's just as loaded with propaganda as the Russian media. Elections? Voting? A farce. A dog and pony show. So, talking about politics.......I feel like a mosquito at a nudist colony. I don't know where to begin. Unfortunately, it will only get worse as time goes on.

Posts: 84 | Location: Mooresville, nc | Registered: October 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You watch this as long as I have and nothing surprises you. Pelosis family ran Baltimore for many years and now she has been in DC representing California for 50 years for example. Biden, came to DC from Delaware at 29 years old never did anything, became vice president, president, and along the way a multi millionaire. + son, brother, brother in law. Yet somehow they keep getting elected. And no matter how many laws they violate they never get charged. Interesting system we have here.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The people of the USA will be alot better off once they realize that NONE of these politicians are for the people.

It's key to not get caught up in the here and now. It's not just the USA but the western world as a whole. This whole steam roller is in the UK, Germany, France, EU, Australia, Canada, etc., etc. These country "leaders" KNOW what the score is and they're not going to be left out in the cold. This entire movement gained acceptance once George HW introduced the New World Order. A convention of states or cession is the only route to non violent redemption. As stated, elections/voting are a joke, that horse is out of the barn.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Canted Valve,

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

It's key to not get caught up in the here and now. It's not just the USA but the western world as a whole. This whole steam roller is in the UK, Germany, France, EU, Australia, Canada, etc., etc. These country "leaders" KNOW what the score is and they're not going to be left out in the cold. This entire movement gained acceptance once George HW introduced the New World Order. A convention of states or cession is the only route to non violent redemption. As stated, elections/voting are a joke, that horse is out of the barn.

OK, I agree with you. Last time it came around by Abbott asking for support to have a convention of states, I voted against it. Because after watching since I was old enough to vote all I've seen is politicians lying and enriching themselves.
Since the last elections and the blatant voter fraud, what makes anyone thing anything good could come out of giving politicians control to change the constitution?

SCARES the crap out of me...

I'd rater see secession. 50 separate countries with a mutual defense, trade pact, open borders between the 50. Something along those lines, where we could have more control over what our elected do. Yeah I know, it wouldn't work. But at least they would be with-in .223 distance.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The only reason we are not in the same position as Europe, Australia, etc. is because we can freely own fire arms.

That's why they want them so bad.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
David ,

Now we all know the constitution is just toilet paper to dems and a good amount of republicans too for that matter. Hell why change it let the AMERICAN PEOPLE BELIEVE IT MATTERS AND JUST IGNORE BOTH IS WORKING SO DAMN WELL.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
We are all pretty much bi political.We get f--ked by both sides.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have been reading the second amendment including all the papers written by our founding fathers as they were considering it. Lots of options in there about controlling the government when it gets out of control. You all should read it.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
The only reason we are not in the same position as Europe, Australia, etc. is because we can freely own fire arms.

That's why they want them so bad.

That's what they say, right? And the more they say it, the more Americans arm themselves to the teeth.

Everything is a rich mans trick, remember that.

Armed to the teeth. Let's hope the American people are never tricked into turning the guns on each other.

From the looks of it, it would be easy to do with TV propaganda.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post