New
Find
Notify
Tools

RV Insurance
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Any recommendations for RV insurance? Who to go with, what's needed, what's not, etc...Needs to be a licensed agent in IL.

I've checked with Good Sam, Progressive and State Farm so far.

This is for a 2004 Fleetwood Revolution 38B. I'm seeing between $1,000-$1,300/yr but have heard of other racers spending far less for even more expensive coaches.

Thanks

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have had progressive for years 2 claims with no increase. $800+a year. Forget good Sam as it has went south so I changed to Coach net. Just used them yesterday. Locked out. I have a DP.

Posts: 6196 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Progressive here. I have not had issues with them. Don't care for the ownership, but their product service me well.
I have never purchased one of the services. They seem like a lot of money, and I always wonder out in the sticks how long it would take to get a tow going through them. Tows are pretty expensive regardless, so maybe it would be worth it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6353 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just went through this exercise and went with Good Sam to insure our 2011 American Revolution. We are at 2k a year for 100/300, roadside, replacement coverage for total loss (not cash value). The last one can be a big one. I also increased the personal belongings coverage. Don't want to skimp on insurance.

Posts: 418 | Location: Gator Nation | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
When I called Good Sam and asked for an agreed value policy it was obviously an inconvenience for them but that's definitely what I want after researching some of the actual cash value claims on motorhomes.

Progressive had no problem quoting it that way and it's only a little bit more money.

Does anyone "turn off" their liability and collision coverages during the winter months if you're storing the motorhome?

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have National General through Good Sam and I "turn off" the liability for 5 month of the year. Refunds me around $200 of the $800 yearly bill.

Posts: 27 | Location: Pen Argyl, PA | Registered: March 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We went with Progressive

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had a blowout inside dual, middle of nowhere, middle of the night on Sunday and raining and Coach Net was there in 30 min with a tire and was gone in 30 min. I don’t care what you think that road service is worth every penny. Just wait till you need help and don’t have it

Posts: 6196 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Progressive since 2010

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I also have progressive with a set value. I totaled a fleetwood discovery in April. It was almost too easy to deal with them and get settled. I can't imagine dealing with anybody else after they took care of me like they did. Any insurance will do today, but the day after something happens, you'll be glad you had progressive. Obviously, this is my opinion, but April wasn't long ago and I won't soon forget the way they took care of me.

Posts: 46 | Location: stonypoint,nc | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I went with Progressive. An overwhelming majority of people I've talked to all use Progressive and have very few bad things to say. I went with an agreed value policy which seems like the only smart way to go on these depreciating money pits.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I have Erie Insurance for everything and was paying just over $300 a year for my old Bounder with full coverage, $250 deductibles on comp. and collision and road side assistance.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 734 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
IDS Property and Causualty Insurance Company, $46.87 for full coverage (every 6 months) on the motor home I use tow my race trailer.

That policy was obtained through Costco in Santee, California as part of coverage for all our vehicles, my wife’s Subaru Outback and my Toyota Tacoma.

Bob

Posts: 3062 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
That policy did not have towing coverage but I have 75 miles of towing with my AAA Membership.

Bob

Posts: 3062 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post