New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer Question
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have a 32 ft Pace trailer. Chassis, suspension etc is in good shape. my question is would it be not necessarily cheaper but better to sell or trade and by new or just put new skin and a few updates and some cabinets done and move forward???

Rodney Byrd

Posts: 6 | Location: Roll Tide Roll | Registered: February 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have the same trailer thats 20 years old, Put some paint on it and move on.....It will do its job fine but, if vanity is whats bothering you cough up twenty + grand.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Buddy of mine took his 44footer somewhere in South Georgia an they re-skinned it...can’t remember exact price but I thought it was cheap..

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
if it's still mechanically sound and meets your needs, i would guess it would be significantly cheaper to re-skin it and add some cabinets or whatever else you needed.

Posts: 133 | Location: ohio | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
where would you re skin a trailer for a reasonable price??

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Fix the little flaws in the skin...Then get it wrapped...then you got a cool trailer and money in your pocket

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1217 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
don't listen to these guys/ Sell it cheap to racer who needs one and 32' would be about right for him.Then go buy you a new bad ass trailer.

Just so happens I know a guy who could use a good used trailer.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Keep what you have and update it, have you priced a new 32ft yet Eek

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A few years ago,there was a severe thunderstorm at the track and an awning (that was not secured) went flying through the air into the side of my trailer.

I fixed the worst damage,but I did not re skin the whole trailer,because it was NOT cheap to do at all!

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
A few years ago,there was a severe thunderstorm at the track and an awning (that was not secured) went flying through the air into the side of my trailer.

Change the last word to race car and that's what happened to me last year. It banged up Pivotdoc's arm, broke the mirror on the car, scraped up the paint and put a dent in one of the body panels. Did I mention that I hate awnings.

If you're going to have one please make sure that it's secure!!!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5298 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Every ones situation is different.
If you race a lot OR just want something new then get a new one.
You will never be happy with your old one.

If you are "thinking" of putting $$ into a used trailer remember one thing,"You will never get that $$ back".
It's still the same make, model and year trailer.

Take the $$ you were going to invest in your old trailer and put it down on a new one.
You'll be $$ ahead.

Trailers are NOT like houses, they do NOT appreciate in value just because someone did some cosmetic changes.
Razz

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 954 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
Who reskins and what is the cost difference then just painting it single stage white?

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post