Find
Notify
Tools

IS IT THE ECONOMY?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
We all have different opinions and views...the big money is not for everyone.

If your not having fun the economy wont help...

Posts: 1749 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
When ya balls get big enuff to guarantee purses and actually pay them out without question you deserve a nice profit . The flip side is when you guarantee and eat it you better have some profit cushion to make up the difference . Inevitability there is a failure in the future as is with any venture . If you don't like catching big fish just fish in a mudhole easy enuff ....

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That WFC race is one of the best, if not the best, in the country and this is proven by the attendance year after year. Foot brakers are at the low end of the totem pole almost everywhere. Just filler for the top guys. Here they are the show period and Jed and Steve have stayed the course 13 years now just for us. I was there and if you don't like the payout, track conditions, etc---STAY HOME....There is an old saying -- If you can't say anything good you should just keep your mouth shut. I had a blast. Thanks Steve and Jed

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
NEWS FLASH...

Racing in the 21st century isn't cheap or easy..

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1217 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
NEWS FLASH...

Racing in the 21st century isn't cheap or easy..

Thank g*d there is still local brackets (as opposed to actual "racing") for poor folks. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer: I was there and if you don't like the payout, track conditions, etc---STAY HOME....There is an old saying -- If you can't say anything good you should just keep your mouth shut. I had a blast. Thanks Steve and Jed

Dead on ….

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jared:
The point is, anyone that will sit and tell me how we 'should've' done it, SHOULD do it. Their opinion would change WAY before they ever get the gate open on their first event.

If you break down the event's profit, by the real hours worked to promote and actually have it, it is good pay at best. It all comes with the territory, but so does a fair profit for a successful event.

Amen. "It's easy. Ask anyone who's never done it!" Wink

quote:
Originally posted by chasracer:
Bottom line, no one is questioning making a profit for the work that is done

Actually, that is exactly what you did... There are tiny handful of events that net six figures, but the WFC is not and never will be one of those, even with incredibly high record car counts. If the guys can't make a fair profit with 484 cars, what do you think the bottom line looks like when it's 315 cars or 180 cars? You don't work an event like this for five days. You work on each one of them for MONTHS.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is an old saying -- If you can't say anything good you should just keep your mouth shut.

I grew up this way as well. But I also don't object to people giving feedback. Heck we would rather have them say what is on their mind than keep it in and never come back.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
I would be far ahead entering one high dollar event but it seems that you are required to have a sort of "Grade Point" standing, that means attending several a year.

Bob, what on Earth are you talking about here?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hi Tony,

I heard that in order to get into one of these events you needed to have attended several in the past, sort of like getting NHRA Divisional races to attend a National event.

Not true???

Bob

Posts: 3075 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Not True Bob..

As long as you have the entry and the track isn't limited to the number of cars/rigs they can park, you can enter..

I've traveled to the Spring Fling and the triple Tens in Bowling Green among others just by entering. Most even discount the entry if you enter in advance.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3303 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
There are a handful of events with limited entries where past entrants are given first crack to enter, but I wouldn't say it is the norm.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post