DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Trailer with living quarters
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer with living quarters
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I have a 48 foot Classic Dominator with LQ. If you are going to do it now I would suggest a trailer with a slideout. My engine builder has one and it is very nice. I’ll post more later on what I like about my trailer and what I wish I had done differently.

Good luck!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
My Pace 52' LQ trailer had a slide as well and it makes a world of difference in living space. The generator compartment was just big enough for a 7000 watt Onan QD diesel.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
There advantages to both, with a motorhome if you have or want to go into town from the track you are stuck with having to use the motorhome for that, it can be a hassle. If you have a dually it's much easier to get around if you run into town. Also it can be a daily driver when you're not racing and you have a truck to use when you need it. In my case I also use it to tow my boat and all the other things you do with a pick up.

That being said, a motorhome is a nicer and more roomy way to stay at the track.

Pick which one best suits your needs.

What he said..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I have a 53' Vintage Outlaw with slide. I have 22' of lq, and 31' of cargo. I hang my wife's super comp car over my super gas car. This was the most economical way for us to haul both cars and have a comfortable place to stay with all the amenities. I love that I can unhook and run to town, and I love that I can haul down the highway as fast as I feel. That being said, I think our days are numbered for this setup. A motorhome provides you with a bunch more storage. Right now, everything is strapped to the walls of the cargo area. A motorhome also allows you to do other things besides the race track. My wife and I would love to do a little more traveling, and the lq trailer is really only good for going to the races.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike is correct about the trailer only being good for the races but for me I don't care about traveling in a motorhome. It's just not my bag.

Anyway, I would do the slide out and a bigger generator compartment. I probably would also do the air conditioner on the cargo area. Mine is wired for it but I never installed one. I also would add a couple more electrical outlets. One side is missing one at the back and I wish it had one there.

I did have the factory install backup camera wiring while they were building it even though I virtually never use it. Put a light under the gooseneck so you can see when you're hooking up the trailer.

A light over the generator compartment so you can see when you're fueling up at night unless you have a permanent tank. I would also do a bigger generator compartment as my Honda barely fits where an Onan was supposed to go.

Be sure you have them install air lines while they're building it. I love those. I would like to have a bigger bathroom also but I was more worried about the space in the cargo area at the time.

Oh yeah, buy it from Kenny Anderson at Fast Farm Trailer Sales. He has been great to deal with and treated me very fairly.

Run wiring for some type of alarm system while it's being built also. Much easier than doing it later. And put in a GPS system so if it does get stolen you can get it back.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Second the referral to Kenny Anderson. We bought our gooseneck from him. Great to work with.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TH383
posted Hide Post
Banjo have you considered a truck camper? Love my lance slide in.

Posts: 831 | Location: PA | Registered: November 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of banjo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input.

I have though about the camper, just dont think it will be enough space. Plus I use my truck alot to haul stuff in the bed.

Thank you

Bill Simpkins
74 Nova
SBC 406
3240 pounds
Speierracing heads

60 1.27 (10/16)
1/8 6.03@111 (10/16)
Best 9.87@131 on the rev limitor 1 Feb 2013

nova

quarterpanelview

wheelie

FTI Converter
www.speierracingheads.com

Posts: 1830 | Location: San Angelo | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post