Find
Notify
Tools

67 Firebird on RJ
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
All,

Does anyone know anything about the history of this 67 Firebird that is listed on RJ from PA? Where was it raced?

PM me if you know why the asking price is so low for this era of Firebird. See link below.

https://www.racingjunk.com/Doo...offset=2&from=search

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree that the price raises questions. If it were within a reasonable distance I would be interested in learning more.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1832 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
How much are you willing to pay me to look at it for you. Big Grin

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
$9,800 is an oddly low price for this car? It is a 1967 Firebird that has been cut up for racing and powered by a SBC. I actually thought it was kinda high. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
$9,800 is an oddly low price for this car? It is a 1967 Firebird that has been cut up for racing and powered by a SBC. I actually thought it was kinda high. Take care. Tom Worthington

I was thinking the same as Tom, seems to be and old dog that needs to be updated , you could easily sent a lot doing that....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Steve Conyer
posted Hide Post
3.58 gears?

Taylor Motorsports-Indiana
Price Racing Clan-Midwest

Posts: 982 | Location: Evansville, Ind. | Registered: October 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My have meant 5:38.

Posts: 41 | Location: east central ohio | Registered: October 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Conyer:
3.58 gears?

Read the "Update from Seller" at the top of the ad.

Giving the car away at this price. Above Added: Sun February 11, 2018, 8:00 am EST

Correction:538 gears. Above Added: Wed January 31, 2018, 8:10 am EST

Posts: 2458 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Maybe it is overpriced, but I have been looking for a 67-69 camaro/firebird for awhile and haven't found anything priced that cheap in over 10 years roller or turnkey and cut up as you guys say. If u have any leads on a 67-69 camaro/firebird backhalf car/turnkey 10-15k range, then please let me know.

Thanks

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
J69,

There is one in El Paso that I wanted to go look at that is in that range. Let me see about it and I’ll let you know. Might be next week.

Personally I thought that price on the Firebird was pretty good.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
1st gen Firebirds never seem to fetch as much as 1st gen Camaros. I saw that car when I was browsing Racing Junk... I've been wanting a door car but am not ready to pull the trigger yet. If I were, I would definitely go look at it.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 628 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Based on that one photo, I would agree he's giving it away at that price despite it obviously being a a build from the 80s. It's still worth the $ even if the engine is junk.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I found the one in El Paso but it’s higher than that price range.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Cashflow thanks for checking it out.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
why not contact the seller?

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
looks like a steal to me!

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Here is some more photos...

link: https://pennstate.craigslist.o...bird/6512416207.html

Gotta love the last photo....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the Craigslist link.

It appears someone has replaced the stock front subframe, which decreases the value even more and the interior is a mess along with the hacked up trans tunnel and dash. I like stock interiors.

This would be a project and at a min $1500-2000 in replacing the shocks, springs and rod ends.

Still a nice looking bodied car, but not worth more than 6k I would think.

What do u guys think?

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
First this car is too cheap, then too high. But hey if your not going to buy does it matter.

Posts: 30 | Location: Alexander, Il | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Once the Craigslist ad was provided, it made more sense regarding the price. $9800 was assuming that this was a backhalved car with the 67-69 camaro stock front suspension, which it isn't. That alone reduces the price in my opinion.

Now it makes sense why it isn't selling for $9800.