DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Trailer air compressors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trailer air compressors
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I am looking to upgrade my air compressor in my trailer. I currently have a 1.5HP Senco compressor that works great and is very quiet, but with the pro jacks it is very very slow to raise the car, so I am looking to upgrade to something a bit better. What all are you all using, prefer something as compact as possible as space is always at a premium and as quiet as possible as well.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
California (hurts to write that) air tools are pretty reasonable and quite. They have a 2hp 10 gal unit that is just under $400.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Slick Vic
posted Hide Post
I use the Port-a-cable pancake one in mine. Been great. Tried a cheaper off brand at first, but the internal load on the compressor would kick when plugged into a generator. It was fine once plugged into a shore power source. Make sure its low amp start featured, this should eliminate the problem i stated.

302-786-1078
slickvic@slickvicracing.com

slickvic@slickvicracing.com
www.slickvicracing.com
302-786-1078

Dealer for most major brands, including Simpson, Necksgen, Hans, Strange, Moser, Amsoil, Aerospace, Digital Delay, Hoosier, M/T, Goodyear, Redhorse, MSD, Racepak, Lucas, and more.

Complete racecar wiring and custom CNC parts available.

Posts: 131 | Location: Delaware | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
California (hurts to write that) air tools are pretty reasonable and quite. They have a 2hp 10 gal unit that is just under $400.

Did you get the vertical or horizontal unit?

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was trying to remember the name of the brand my friend has and finally saw it again today. Sure enough it was the California air tools model, the vertical one. Very quiet!

I have the Rigid pancake (vertical) style and it works great but very loud.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I just use the air system from my motorhome.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I second the California compressor. I have one and it is quieter then my Honda generator. It works great.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I have the Central Pneumatic # 69667. Past 3 years it has been flawless. I know, I know it's a HF, Hate me later. lol I also installed these in the cabinet. Triple capacity.. Tanks were $45 each with a little plumbing.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
I have one of these in my trailer and it's been great...

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hitac...tEAQYASABEgId8vD_BwE

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Just bought one of these for the house and it's quiet but may be a bit overkill and heavy for a trailer...

https://www.harborfreight.com/...ompressor-61489.html

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ma...0vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I really like this one not loud and 2HP

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Bought an older version of this out of the local trade paper for $40 very quiet - and it's been working real well. It must have a pretty low start amps because my 2200 watt gen will start it easily.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bosti...ls-Included/50396512

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post