DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Greg Anderson explains strategic approach at Pomona
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greg Anderson explains strategic approach at Pomona
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don't remember hearing any complaints when KJ threw a race for WJ that helped win a championship. KJ even held up a sign going down the return road that said " At least I still have a job."

NHRA 203F

Posts: 26 | Location: Bloomingdale, Ga | Registered: January 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Stevens:
I don't remember hearing any complaints when KJ threw a race for WJ that helped win a championship. KJ even held up a sign going down the return road that said " At least I still have a job."

Losing purposely is shenanigans. Trying to get paired up with the leader in the points in an attempt to affect the points isn't shenanigans. It's just racing. I had a guy one year chasing me to the lanes last night for the championship but missed getting paired up by a couple cars. So he asked the guy I was paired with if he could get in his spot in the lanes, the guy I'm paired with asks me if he should let the guy in, I said sure let him in!

That's racing, there's no shenanigans in it IMO. Losing purposely is probably more than shenanigans, it's borderline being a prostitute IMO, especially if you're paid.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Wish I could find the Energizer Bunny to post...
Still going... Big Grin
Elite= 1/3 of the field
Summit= “ “
Magaha= “ “
If not cars, then motor rental.
If any of you think either team would not have done the same thing- you are mistaken. Put yourself in their position. Not much of a Team if they don’t. I think the way it played out was bad AZZ. Not worthy clapping

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4470 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
So he asked the guy I was paired with if he could get in his spot in the lanes, the guy I'm paired with asks me if he should let the guy in, I said sure let him in!

To be the best you have to beat the best. That's true across the board to include strategy.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
So he asked the guy I was paired with if he could get in his spot in the lanes, the guy I'm paired with asks me if he should let the guy in, I said sure let him in!

To be the best you have to beat the best. That's true across the board to include strategy.

The fun didn't end there. I tell the guy to let him in and I go up there and lose 1st round. I hit the buy back window, poured some fuel in the car and drove to the front of the staging lanes stopping by the guys pit who just beat me pointing at the front of the staging lanes. He jumps in his car and I pull up first car out in the right lane, putting him in the left lane figuring if I couldn't get him in the left I'd try the right LoL. That didn't work out to good either, same race as the first, we're both better than 15 total and I'm a couple thousandths behind giving it back in the second race. He had to make sure I didn't win a round and he had to win 7th round to be Super Pro Champion. He won the battle but lost the war 5th or 6th round. No drama just good racing. The dude was there to race, you can't fault anyone for that.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post