DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Greg Anderson explains strategic approach at Pomona
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greg Anderson explains strategic approach at Pomona
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
I don’t believe that I’ve ever seen Jeggie or Erica doing this. This is disappointing, and Mr. Anderson wants to brag about it?????

Bob

so you don't think jeg would have done this to win his SG championship if need be?

ep-I think he is confident enough in his ability to not be afraid to run the #2 guy at the time

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
at the end of the day it is racing and is about winning. I liked the fact that Anderson did what he did. my beef is the interview on race day. instead of sounding like a scared pu55 Anderson should have said, I landed on the ladder like Anthony Bertozzi and now I am fixing to take one of Erica's chins and beat her down with it.

that would have made for great tv race fans.

in my opinion she should have said it takes three of them b1tches to beat me. then she would have earned some of my respect. don't cry about the qualifying sheet.

ep-Fuzz told me one time he was going to follow me up......and he did. I respect that

Bingo! J

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Nobody has every followed someone up into the lanes to take a stab at them late in the season for the hail mary? He did what he had to do. She did also!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Nobody has every followed someone up into the lanes to take a stab at them late in the season for the hail mary? He did what he had to do. She did also!

Beating Greg , YES, crying about it before NOPE!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bubbletop
posted Hide Post
....and as far as the Force team trying to "set up" the outcome of the race, we could also look at the 2nd round Capps/Beckman match up!!! Hmmmm....

Or, we could discuss whiney Steve T's outburst after round 1. Except instead of just whining this time about how "NHRA's Countdown System" wasn't fair when Brittany won, he punches his 1st round opponent in the face for staging TOO slowly but within the requirements. Haven't seen anything from NHRA on this,....yet!

Posts: 13 | Location: MA. | Registered: April 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
when I saw the torence deal it made me think of midget wrestling.

ep-I thought I heard torence say to ferarri "d@mn you for trying to win a round"

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbletop:
....and as far as the Force team trying to "set up" the outcome of the race, we could also look at the 2nd round Capps/Beckman match up!!! Hmmmm....

Or, we could discuss whiney Steve T's outburst after round 1. Except instead of just whining this time about how "NHRA's Countdown System" wasn't fair when Brittany won, he punches his 1st round opponent in the face for staging TOO slowly but within the requirements. Haven't seen anything from NHRA on this,....yet!

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019...erre-incident-pomona

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The NHRA is disappointed in the situation that occurred between Steve Torrence and Cameron Ferre after the first round of Top Fuel competition at the Auto Club NHRA Finals. We are evaluating the matter and any potential penalties will be assessed after a thorough review.

After the Awards or? Penalty to be assessed next year on kickoff?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bubbletop
posted Hide Post
Or - sit on a stool in the corner, with a pointed hat on!!!

It will be interesting to see what they come up with, but at least it shows they are "aware" of the impact of the occurrence on their fan-base. I've heard there's a bunch of comments on Twitter, almost all negative!

Posts: 13 | Location: MA. | Registered: April 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I like both Erica Enders and Greg Anderson. I do not blame him for swinging for the fences and putting his fate in his own hands. No problem at all.

As for the deal about Steve Torrence I wish he did not do it but not a big deal. I think the people making a big deal about him did not like him before. By the way I like both Britney Force and Steve Torrence. No problem at all.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bubbletop
posted Hide Post
quote:

As for the deal about Steve Torrence I wish he did not do it but not a big deal. I think the people making a big deal about him did not like him before. By the way I like both Britney Force and Steve Torrence. No problem at all.

Actually, I kind of liked Steve, and his dad, before this all happened.... I wonder how his dad feels about all this?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
It's ironic that the two biggest "controversies" in our sport stem from things that are PERFECTLY LEGAL. Roll Eyes

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
I'm not a GA fan, I'm not even a Pro Stock fan anymore so I do not care. But!

I have zero issue with what he did. This is a sport that winning matters. as long as you don't break the rules you must do everything you can to win. You owe it to your fans, sponsers and to yourself. Never give up!

GA made a mistake, should have never talked about it.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 240 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David_D.
posted Hide Post
No issues with what GA did to try and pair with EE in 1st round. Hell, it's actually quite a feat just to make it happen. I was just glad that he brought it first round and made a race of it.

I felt like his pre race description was fine. You don't have to like a competitor to have respect for their skills. I'm sure GA recognized that EE is a great driver.

I'm not a huge fan of either, but I do admire that the Summit team pretty much still crew chief their own cars.

David Deming
1974 Chevy Nova Custom Hatchback
Horsepower Innovations E85 Carb

Posts: 325 | Location: Nampa, ID | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Tue, 19 Nov 2019 06:10:33 GMT-0800', 'November 19, 2019 08:10 AM')+'');November 19, 2019 08:10 AMNovember 19, 2019 08:10 AMHide PostIt's ironic that the two biggest "controversies" in our sport stem from things that are PERFECTLY LEGAL.

Bingo

And, for those that think Ferre was Slow staging, that did not happen. If you watch the broadcast in real time, he followed Torrence in on both bulbs within about 2 or 3 seconds. No games there.

He did admit to deep staging intentionally, and that was a legal move. No foul there either.

Torrence appeared to have bad intentions when he got out of his car, calling Ferre a little boy.

Those are all facts, take away what we want, Ferre was trying to win the round, as a little old SC racer, I totally agree with him going for it. Us little people should never "get out of the way" like T Ped said. Every round has to be won, one at a time.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David_D.:
No issues with what GA did to try and pair with EE in 1st round. Hell, it's actually quite a feat just to make it happen. I was just glad that he brought it first round and made a race of it.

I felt like his pre race description was fine. You don't have to like a competitor to have respect for their skills. I'm sure GA recognized that EE is a great driver.

I'm not a huge fan of either, but I do admire that the Summit team pretty much still crew chief their own cars.

Agree on all accounts. I don't think their work season during or outside the season can be denied either. those guys pretty much get after it to get it done. It's earned IMO.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bubbletop409
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbletop:

Force has thrown a race twice now during the BS countdown, and just pawns it off as business, no integrity in that camp. And no response from the organization. Goes to show WHO you are matters more than what your transgression was, no integrity there either.

Larry
62 Bel-Air 409
79 Cole TR-2 SunsetRaceCraft 565 RIP TRACY
260 Eliminator Eagle XP HP500EFI
NO MO BOMA
WELL DONE USN SEAL TEAM 6
Proud Deplorable

Posts: 60 | Location: Castro Valley, CA State of Insanity | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I like both Erica Enders and Greg Anderson. I do not blame him for swinging for the fences and putting his fate in his own hands. No problem at all.

I kinda think so as well. Suddenly what I thought was an open hand face push turns into a full fledged sucker punch. I don't think that is completely accurate. It was a **** move. But let's not get carried away.....because we want to.
Let's turn it around. Lets say the kid open hand face shoved Steve. We don't know what was said before hand. How do we handle this one?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Kinda strange Enders team would object to Anderson coasting in order to get in position qualifying to pair up first round. A less
maladaptive emotional approach would have been for Enders team to tell Anderson ,,, "That's a smart move I hope you're successful"

This kind of stuff goes on at the local level on the last race, it's normal (par for the course). It's then you really get see what a man is made of. I've seen everything from racers immediately resorting to shenanigans to straight up grown men there to race and let the chips fall where they may. You never wanna openly object to anything that is straight up racing or shenanigans though because everyone in the race is well aware of who is flying straight and who isn't. And that's good enough. So I'd say Anderson got the better of the Enders team in qualifying, if Enders team did indeed object.

Hell you wanna earn it by taking on all challengers, not back into winning it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
All of y'all whining over a legitimate way to earn a championship just need your own participation ribbon , trophy and pacifier .

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post