Find
Notify
Tools

JEGS Sold!
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
See the article on the DRR Home Page with complete details. We wish everyone in the Coughlin Family all the best with in their next chapter.

DRR

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ed already said this doesn't affect him. You must not have received the memo.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if anything good will come of this. Considering what we've seen of these equity firms buying speed equipment companies lately I would expect things to go downhill ay Jegs.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The Jegs family either ain’t worried or don’t care so why are you?

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

LMAO. We all know that is the determining factor. WTH is wrong with you folks do you not know left wingers all think you have to do as they say and do as they do. Why would you think you can decide what is important to you w/o permission?

I think there is no upside. Also think Coughlin's figure a decline in business due to the new generation's lack of interest in performance cars.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:

LMAO. We all know that is the determining factor. WTH is wrong with you folks do you not know left wingers all think you have to do as they say and do as they do. Why would you think you can decide what is important to you w/o permission?

I think there is no upside. Also think Coughlin's figure a decline in business due to the new generation's lack of interest in performance cars.

Certainly true on the business end of Jeg's and I don't blame them for bailing. I'm sure the money will spend well.

If it isn't a concern to him, it isn't news to him. And if it isn't news to him it shouldn't be news for anyone, and shouldn't be posted. Communism at its finest. It's entertaining since he cannot help but respond. So perhaps one day he will win the internet! Smile

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
The Jegs family either ain’t worried or don’t care so why are you?

Well, I'm not all that worried what happens at Jegs, nor should I be. It's just an observation of the industry as a whole.

I try to buy as much as I can from my local engine builder. Speaking of which, I had lunch with him Friday and consolidation and buyouts were part of what we talked about.

He's so busy at the shop he had to hire a third machinist just to keep up. Even at that he's lost some of the industry discounts he had before because he doesn't meet the new buying requirements.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it isn't a concern to him, it isn't news to him. And if it isn't news to him it shouldn't be news for anyone, and shouldn't be posted. Communism at its finest. It's entertaining since he cannot help but respond. So perhaps one day he will win the internet! Smile

Quoted for the truth, except the last line. He already THINKS he's won the internet/forums. Too bad he can't park his butt in one of his race vehicles & get a win. It's pretty simple Cupcake, get in one of your race vehicles or buy another; show us how great you are old man. Razz

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2521 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Like Ed has stated, this does not affect me. Same here. Quit buying from Jegs years ago, to much Chinese shyt and poor service. I do believe that the owners saw the handwriting on the wall and decided the cash in hand is better. Greenbrier is an investment firm that looks for cash cows then will unload the company when they see an opportunity to cash out. BTW, I have been dealing with my local 'race shop'. Better service, fair pricing and they know how to find American parts when available.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I believe this is the same investment company that owns Dollar stores. You know the company that has so many rats in their warehouses that they had to close down stores because they were infested too. I feel so sorry for people who shop at Jegs , they have a rude awakening coming very soon. And I wonder if the new investment company will find sponsoring big buck bracket races profitable like the family did?

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Probably couldn’t get no D A M N HELP….

Posts: 1251 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Summit has been kicking their but for a while. Jeg Jr is the only one left working there.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I can't remember it EVER resulting in favorable conditions to the end consumer when one of the major competitors in a given industry ceases to exist....

You're delusional if you think it won't affect you.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4452 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don't buy a lot of stuff mail order anymore, my stuff is junk , so I can keep it going from swap meets but I hate to see any business turned over to people who don't understand their customer. I am afraid this will be the case here.

Posts: 30 | Location: Southwest IOWA | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The quality and service at jegs has been bad for a long time.I wanted to support them but they made it impossible.Final straw was when I ordered a pair of slicks. One was brand new the other had grass all over it and looked like it had a couple passes. They didn't believe me thank god I left it wrapped with their shipping labels.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I buy from JEGS every chance I get, never a problem.

I buy from Summit too, never a problem.

I buy from Speedway never a problem.

JEGS is expanding, that's why they sold the majority. They believe this company has the tools to expand their operations.

It's a modernization.

They'll make the same money as a minority, if they're right. Or more.

Less exposure.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
These outfits buy only to make money. Don't care. They sell assets, bleed the company dry, and then dump it. Look what happened to IHRA when it was bought out by an investment group. How about what has happened to nursing homes and news papers. Same will happen here. Jeg senior is turning over in his grave.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Fern, I don’t think Senior is in the grave yet. I’m sure he played a big part in this decision.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
He’s not, alive and will be 84 in 16 days and exactly my point. The Coughlin family ain’t worried or don’t care so why are you. Mind your own business and worry about what you can control in your life.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i dont blame them for selling. sounds like they will still be involved in the business. i guess they found somebody who wanted to spend money so they obliged them.

ep-i buy mostly from Summit.

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post