Bracket Talk
JEGS Sold!

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/7837031896

February 28, 2022, 03:03 PM
Mike Rietow
JEGS Sold!
Summit is looking for a few good men.

Anyone get one of these in a box, in the mail?

I wanna see who's team I'm on before sticking it on the car.

February 28, 2022, 03:06 PM
David Covey
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Look what happened to IHRA when it was bought out by an investment group.

I would opine it started when Bader sold out. When Bader bought IHRA it took off like a rocket, after he sold it has been a steady decline.

My opinion..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell
February 28, 2022, 03:12 PM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
quote:
Look what happened to IHRA when it was bought out by an investment group.

I would opine it started when Bader sold out. When Bader bought IHRA it took off like a rocket, after he sold it has been a steady decline.

My opinion..

Dave

You can follow the demise of IHRA by the number of top flight Top Fuel teams left on the planet.

Which also follows demise of the number of small business's making the bread to support such an endeavor.

It all follows the corporate Wall st / china takeover.

There's a handful left with multiple cars.
February 28, 2022, 09:46 PM
ferndaleflyer
Covey, maybe! But I seem to remember that when IRG bought that mess they had like 120 member tracks and owned 5 out right. As far as I know they only own 1 for sure now and their racing program has about dissolved. That may not be accurate but its close.
March 01, 2022, 10:26 AM
David Covey
quote:
Covey, maybe! But I seem to remember that when IRG bought that mess they had like 120 member tracks and owned 5 out right. As far as I know they only own 1 for sure now and their racing program has about dissolved. That may not be accurate but its close.

Fern,
You are correct.
Bader stepped down in 2004, I'm just saying they have been on a downhill slide since then. Major sponsors lost and the changing hands multiple times to redesigning the series trying to out NHRA the NHRA. They actually had a damn good series that (I think) was better already. They just could not seem to get the sponsor money to follow them. I honestly think they just did not put forth the effort in that area.

My opinion, others may vary.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell
March 01, 2022, 11:23 AM
ferndaleflyer
I plan on racing this weekend at Darlington and I think, not sure, it is still IHRA. So still a few around and I think Summit has stuck with them though it all. I imagine JEGS sponsorship will dwindle under this investment group. We need to support those that support us. Wonder how this will eventually affect SFG and others under the JEGS banner.
March 01, 2022, 11:37 AM
sc4087
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Like Ed has stated, this does not affect me. Same here. Quit buying from Jegs years ago, to much Chinese shyt and poor service.

Ditto. You type in an exact part # you're looking for and they give you their Chinese crap version for a result.

Mike Greene

March 04, 2022, 05:26 PM
Bad News
quote:
quote:

IRG started hemorrhaging money the day they got talked into remodeling the old Moroso. Every big shot they had on board got a piece of the pie. They came, they pilfered and they left. Mister Grey loafers Ritten something, Comp you screw who sold them some used bag o sh it timing system and scoreboards, The jackwagon who designed the stupid layout, all the big shots Deez, and who the fk cares who else. Every one of the turdbags that had their hands in the IRG pie took what they could get. Feld that sold them a bag o garbage worn out trucks and trailers at the direction of those same idiots that controlled IRG. The involvement of borrowing big money from investors to keep feeding the monster. Danm near any contractor that worked on that tracks remodeling got the shaft money wise. Beautiful Musco lighting that makes the meter spin off its axis, They say $100 bucks an hr to run the dragstrip side. No wonder they switched to daytime crap. BUt now just about all the holdings are gone, you can make book on the investment group is fat and happy, with Selling off Cordova, MIR, and now PBIR for an undisclosed sum at least above 50 million, but purportedly closer to 90 mil. That Honk Kong owner has got to be exstatic.
Yep HONG KONG owner. Just go through the filings
on Sunbiz.org. You can find it, it's all there in reports. Overseas corp, registered in Delaware owns, or owned the whole shebang. They just got wrapped up with the aforementioned borrowing of $35 mil some years ago from the investment group whos name escapes me, but it was sold or merged with First Street Financial last year I believe, and I think that was the end. They wanted their money, as it has been many years since the 35 mil was borrowed and it was not paid back.

Fern,
You are correct.
Bader stepped down in 2004, I'm just saying they have been on a downhill slide since then. Major sponsors lost and the changing hands multiple times to redesigning the series trying to out NHRA the NHRA. They actually had a damn good series that (I think) was better already. They just could not seem to get the sponsor money to follow them. I honestly think they just did not put forth the effort in that area.

Dave

March 04, 2022, 05:31 PM
Bad News
quote:
Originally posted by Bad News:
quote:
quote:

IRG started hemorrhaging money the day they got talked into remodeling the old Moroso. Every big shot they had on board got a piece of the pie. They came, they pilfered and they left. Mister Grey loafers Ritten something, Comp you screw who sold them some used bag o sh it timing system and scoreboards, The jackwagon who designed the stupid layout, all the big shots Deez, and who the fk cares who else. Every one of the turdbags that had their hands in the IRG pie took what they could get. Feld that sold them a bag o garbage worn out trucks and trailers at the direction of those same idiots that controlled IRG. The involvement of borrowing big money from investors to keep feeding the monster. Danm near any contractor that worked on that tracks remodeling got the shaft money wise. Beautiful Musco lighting that makes the meter spin off its axis, They say $100 bucks an hr to run the dragstrip side. No wonder they switched to daytime crap. BUt now just about all the holdings are gone, you can make book on the investment group is fat and happy, with Selling off Cordova, MIR, and now PBIR for an undisclosed sum at least above 50 million, but purportedly closer to 90 mil. That Honk Kong owner has got to be exstatic.
Yep HONG KONG owner. Just go through the filings
on Sunbiz.org. You can find it, it's all there in reports. Overseas corp, registered in Delaware owns, or owned the whole shebang. They just got wrapped up with the aforementioned borrowing of $35 mil some years ago from the investment group whos name escapes me, but it was sold or merged with First Street Financial last year I believe, and I think that was the end. They wanted their money, as it has been many years since the 35 mil was borrowed and it was not paid back.

Don't look for IHRA to be around for too long. Rented space in a Hi rise office bldg in Palm Beach, I think they already moved from the upper floors to the basement so to speak, and without any income except membership fees it may just be the final flush. They have nothing to sell you know, they own no physical property (IHRA)

Dave

March 05, 2022, 12:38 PM
SR6223 Monza
The info about Dollar stores being infested should read Family Dollar Stores a completely different company. Dollar Stores have National Headquarters in Nashville TN
March 10, 2022, 07:56 AM
Bucky
Maybe others know what the policy is at Summit and Jeg's for this: I'm used to ordering, and they ship me my sh1t. Well not anymore. I order, and two months later or so, they may send me my sh1t. Whatever. Not their fault.
But I guess I never noticed....when I order, they hit the card that day. Not when it ships. Is this the way it has always been? I ordered some pistons from them probably 30 days ago, that at this point I don't know if I will ever get. And they hit the card that very day, and sit on my money. This was Summit.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
March 10, 2022, 08:14 AM
Big Steve
Both Jegs and Summit always hit your CC instantly when ordering online
March 10, 2022, 08:17 AM
ferndaleflyer
If it was on my card and I did not have the product I would dispute the charge with the card company (bank). I did this once and the charge was removed.
September 19, 2022, 10:49 AM
fivecentcharlie
A bit of resurrection of an old thread, but on yesterday's NHRA show, they mentioned that Jeg's would not be back as a sponsor on Troy Coughlin Jr's PS car next year. Can't say I'm surprised, but damn....
September 19, 2022, 10:52 AM
442OLDS
quote:
Originally posted by fivecentcharlie:
A bit of resurrection of an old thread, but on yesterday's NHRA show, they mentioned that Jeg's would not be back as a sponsor on Troy Coughlin Jr's PS car next year. Can't say I'm surprised, but damn....

If they aren't doing that,I wonder if there still will be a Jeg's All Stars?
September 19, 2022, 11:23 AM
BP758
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by fivecentcharlie:

If they aren't doing that,I wonder if there still will be a Jeg's All Stars?

Heard that too.. wouldn’t be surprised.
Pretty much the sportsman show! Hope it stays.

Raceless in California!
September 19, 2022, 11:42 AM
Big Steve
New owners obviously dont see the ROI on spending a million $$ a year funding a PS car, same with Summit dropping the major sponsorship of Greg Anderson last year. Hopefully Jegs will continue supporting drag racing on the sportsman level as Summit has
September 19, 2022, 11:49 AM
pauley
rumor on the street at indy was that this would be the last year jegs sponsored the all star race.

ep-pretty crappy as soon as new owners come in they decide to stop supporting the very people that support them. i will exclusively get what i need else where.
September 19, 2022, 12:11 PM
1320racer
99% of my performance parts purchases over the last 30+ years has been through Summit, never paid attention to Jegs then nor now but it shouldn't surprise anyone that the private equity corporation Greenbriar Equity Group that now owns Jegs will make changes https://www.greenbriarequity.com/investment/jegs/ and most if not all will not be popular with racers and their customers.
September 19, 2022, 01:46 PM
pauley
the jegs family will probably be able to buy the company back in a few years for .25 on the dollar after they run it in the ground.

ep