Tools

Favorite track(s)
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sepuleveda Blvd and Plummer Ave about 2:00 AM

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
My favorite track is also the worst track. First track I ever raced at, always felt comfortable like a well worn pair of jeans…75/80 in Monrovia. Facility was pretty crappy, pits sucked, track wiring horrible, but still holds fond memories.

That said, nicest facilities I’ve been to would be either MIR or VMP.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

Rivergrade road along the 605 fwy in Irwindale

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

Rivergrade road along the 605 fwy in Irwindale

Oh He!! yes, raced there a few times myself.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
Norwalk ..

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Any track that is 3 miles from my front door- in this case Cedar Falls Motorsports Park.
The next one that I found outstanding from the stacking area, to the pit parking, to the pit roads, track lighting, concessions and the "general attention to details"- has to be Norwalk for me.

Been to a lot of nice one, lots of not so nice ones. No matter what you have you race the guy in the other lane and he is at the same facility putting up with the good and bad aspects.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
I've raced at 81 tracks, and I like virtually all of them. That being said, obviously Norwalk and Bristol are at the very top. There are dozens that I'd rank extremely high, but I don't want to just list half the tracks I've been to! LOL Obviously GALOT, VMP, and Maryland International are right up there.

- Piedmont is my favorite for a place that feels like home no matter where you're from.
- Quaker City looks like a golf course and is unique from the downhill staging lanes to uphill burnout... and uphill from 1000' on!
- Maple Grove has needed some TLC, but with new ownership under Koretsky, she's getting it. There's something particularly special about the Grove, as we grew up running the bracket finals there. The sound of the cars echoing between the grandstands in the fall is unmatched!

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5733 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Won the first BIG paying race of my life at Quaker City----$2000. No doubles, no buybacks, and whatever you dialed the first round you could not change. That place was nice

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Won the first BIG paying race of my life at Quaker City----$2000. No doubles, no buybacks, and whatever you dialed the first round you could not change. That place was nice

Quaker City

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5733 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Didn't look like that 50 years ago. To me it looked more like a golf course than a drag strip as most of the places I had raced at that time were one step up from the city dump.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:

Quaker City

I like that part about (not changing the dial).

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post