Find
Notify
Tools

Blake Alexander
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Pretty cool to see the young man put it on them. Not worthy
Could care less that he didn’t give the pro interview. Kid was emotional for sure.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Looks like he and the team earned the win too, even better!

Not worthy

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
yea, his interview was not too good but it was good to see a new face win.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What is his story?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My wife works for PRONTO here in the DFW area.

We met Blake and his family last year at the Fallnationals.

Great bunch of people, they have been sportsman racers, super comp and I think some Comp Eliminator.

I am glad to see PRONTO continue to support Blake and now BVR.

This win is no surprise to me, they have been knocking on the door almost since their first race together.

I am betting more good things to come, they will be in CA next. Too bad they are not full time.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm just curious about the young man. Just haven't heard anything of him. What's he do for a living? What is his racing history? Who is the team ownership and chief? It was hard not to feel great for him with that interview. Nice to see the human side of people.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I'm just curious about the young man. Just haven't heard anything of him. What's he do for a living? What is his racing history? Who is the team ownership and chief? It was hard not to feel great for him with that interview. Nice to see the human side of people.

Bob Vandergriff owns the team. I can't claim to know anything about Alexander, but I believe that he started in Jr's as a young kid.

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

And here you go....

https://www.blakealexanderracing.com/

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
BIO
BLAKE'S STORY
Blake started drag racing as an eleven year old in the Junior Dragster class. Influenced by his grandfather and his dad who both raced sportsman classes from the early 60s, Blake naturally fell in love with drag racing. While in college he obtained enough sponsor support to gain his license in the alcohol dragster class with Larry Miersch based out of Huntington Beach, CA. After getting a taste of speed, going 270+ mph, he wanted more.

On his 21st birthday, Blake

completed his license in NHRA Top Fuel Funny Car under the direction of Paul Smith. Blake graduated from college the next year and was a finalist for NHRA's Rookie of the Year award. For 5 years he competed with Paul Smith as his crew chief and amassed multiple semi final finishes and a runner-up finish in Charlotte 2013. Evolving with new sponsorship, Blake completed his Top Fuel Dragster license in June 2017 with Worsham-Fink Racing. Blake is now sponsored by Pronto Auto Service Centers as his primary sponsor and races in the Top Fuel class for Bob Vandergriff Racing

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was hard not to feel great for him with that interview. Nice to see the human side of people.

X2, I like seeing that.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post